Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bagged this unique six- pointer at 9:20 am on opening day. No, it did not come with a cowbell -- or a unicorn [grin]. Has anyone ever seen one like this?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Pretty cool looking deer. Up here in harford county there is a snow white albino that eats in a field pretty close to the road. Cars are stopped all the time to take pictures. Pretty neat.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nice Deer. RYASON, my sister lives in the neighborhood right across the street from that farm. That deer ain't no albino. If you can get a close look at her you'll see she's got brown on her ears and head, and her eyes aren't pink. She's a little deformed in the face too. I've live 2 minutes from that farm for 27 years. Nobody has ever hunted it so the deer are all inbred, damn shame. Yuppy horse owners!

·
Registered
272 Posts
bcw1 --

I hunted other side of 50 in Trappe -- guess they migrated.

Almost bought a few acres a few months back at intersection of Windyhill and Bruceville Roads. Nice area.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I shot one just outside St. Michaels. He was a Button though. There was a yearling in the same woods last year that didn't make it through the season as far as i know.

Mine isn't that white his back is regular colored and has a stripe from the tip of his tail, up his back. Will post a pic when I get it back from the taxidermist, didn't have the camera yesterday.

-D

·
Registered
274 Posts
I used to be stationed on USCG Alexandria and it had a large population of deer. Apparently inbreeding was happening and we had one of those as well--it looked retarded and none of the other deer would have anything to do with it. It would just hang around the MK shop all day.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
My father has been after one this whole year back in frederick ( we never see piebalds) He has let bucks walk tryin for this 95% white deer ( doe) with a brown ring around its eye. He has videoed it about 50 yards off and he has had her at 25 yards but he said it was too early in the day to shoot ,as he lives in a some what populated area, and everybody would see a white deer with dads arrow hanging out. Would not be a very pro hunting move. I seen one about 2 years back in Poolesville I was muzzleloading and I thought it was a dalmation but as it turned away I saw a nice rack on him and solo gunfires all thru the woods as he left....Poor deer , even blind people can see these deer coming. If anybody ever gets one and discards it..I will take one to mount.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Strangely enough, this deer did come from the Trappe area. Sounds like there are others out there also. It had normal looking eyes so I guess it wasn't a true albino. It had a lot of white though...I saw it the previous evening while bowhunting and you could see it in the dark.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We had 4 running around my farm this year. My buddy got a yearling this past opener and he tried to get its twin but had no shot. The other two are bucks - and they are running with a real nice regular whitetail.
We saw about 30 deer on Saturday and the piebalds were right in the mix. I've never seen them get shunned by the others. If we get the big piebald I'll post up its picture - its a big deer at least 200 plus with a good rack.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jim- the 4 acre piece right on the corner with the old house? Its been bought and sold several times in the three years I've been there. Won't perc and current septic is failing. Talbot County will allow a house no larger than the current structure. I live on the other side of the church.

·
Registered
160 Posts
there is a parcel for sale around the corner with similar issues. its 8-10 acres. Its on Windy Hill road south of the 4 way stop. Maybe that was the one. listed for 125k. needless to say its generated a lot of interest. its under contract. big deer pulled out of there every year.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
bayside,

I goose hunt a 500 acre lease in talbot county, The farm is over run with fallow deer.

The question has been knocked around camp as to whether or not fallow deer and white tails inter breed.

Your deer sure does have all the markings of a fallow deer. I see them all the time, and have had them eating in our goose decoys while sitting in the pit. So I have gotten some pretty close up views of them. I would venture to say that if there is an abundance of piebald deer in talbot, then this may answer the question of whether or not they inter breed. You may have shot a half breed[grin]

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've been seeing piebalds in Baltimore County almost every year for the past 12 or so. This is an area that has a pretty good deer population as well. I have pictures from many years ago and have seen a doe and a small buck this year but haven't been close enough for a picture yet. They are with other deer almost all the time. I'm hoping they survive firearms season and I can get photos of them.
I'll post one if I do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts