Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife wants to go to rock hall for lunch tomorrow with the kids, going to have 1 hour each way to troll around love point / triple buoy area.

Question is does anyone setup tandems with spoons / bucktails? Or do you prefer spoons solo? I looked in my log from last year and at end of August 2014 we crushed bluefish trolling in that area on spoons.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I cannot speak from experience on this one, but I know Anglers sells a spoon and bucktail tandem. Do they work??? I have no idea, but it is an available product. I realize that is not much help, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself will chime in.

·
Registered
643 Posts
2 lures per line is almost always better than 1 !
I run a heavy 6, 8 or 10 oz BFG lures w/ 5" shad on short line 6' from 3-way instead of an inline weight
then from 3-way 6' to swivel then another 6' to a pet spoon

Usually let it out until it hits bottom, count 2, click the bail, and stick it in the holder

Had fish hit both lures.

Also instead of a spoon, switch in a stump jumper (bucktail w/spinner) and 4" tail , which typically pull in more fish, but smaller fish.
You can also throw on a hose, pick up speed and temp in the blues too.

Good luck !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.