Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,151 Posts
I use one arm span - 6 feet +/- for heavier and two arm spans - 12 feet +/- for lighter one.

Rule of thumb is double the lighter lure leader. I keep them short - makes it easier to " leader " a fish.

If it hits heavier - often no need to grab leader - rodman can guide fish to net.

I cut back and retie often - I've had tandems as short as 3 feet and 6-7 feet do fine.

Others like long leaders like 10 and 25 feet. Nothing set in stone - up to you with lengths.

·
Registered
218 Posts
agree w/ skip 6 and 12

years ago i was 15 and 30 but have been at 6 and 12 for 10 years now - much better. All my fishing buddies are 6 and 12 as well - works best for us...

·
Registered
264 Posts
As long as you feel like dealing with... more separation the more water you cover, 6/12 is fine, but also means they are only 6 feet apart, chances are they will see the same water. Try 3/15 or 6/30 its basically like turning a single rod into two...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Two arm lengths for the short, three and a half arm lengths for the long. It keeps the lures the perfect distance from any snaps, swivels, etc. It's always worked well for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like a little less than an arms length for heavier lure and between 2-3 arm lengths for light lure. I don't have everything the exact same length just to give a bit of variety in the spread. As long as the two lures aren't getting tangled it probably doesn't matter but that's what I'm going with

1 - 8 of 8 Posts