Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my wife and a couple girlfriends over to the island today for lunch and a look about. Had lunch at Chesapeake House. Clam fritters, crab cake balls (almost the size of a tennis ball) , potato salad , cole slaw , beets , rice puddin , hot rolls , string beans , lemon pound cake and ice tea. All you care to eat family style. We got there just before the first tour boat but it really didn't matter cause the locals say its a little slow for them this year. After the lunch we walked around the island to let the food settle and keep from wanting to take a nap. Funniest thing I ever have seen was a guy on a motor scooter with his son on the front , his wife on the back and a fat yellow lab on the running board , wile he was carrying a crab net. Who the heck needs a SUV ? The girls really enjoyed themselves and I did too. Recommend the trip. Beautiful trip over and back.

·
Registered
11,158 Posts
That would have been a good photo for a Norman Rockwell Callender.I've never been there but now I've gotta go.I've pictured it like that in my mind but now you've reinforced it.Nothing like stepping back in time for a spell of the simpler lifestyles some of us once lived.

·
Registered
382 Posts
BT,
Did the Tangier Island thing last year on the tour boat. I have fished around the island but never docked there. I have heard it is hard to find a place to dock and you might not have everything you came with when you leave. Regardless, glad you had a good time and it is an interesting place to visit. I think everyone should go there at least one time. Quite an experience!
T-Bear

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We dock at Parks Marina. $5.00 Mister Parks is a really nice guy and he watches over your boat. Never had a problem. Clean restrooms on the dock with showers.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
THanks for the report BT - my wife and I have been talking about doing that for two years - looks like it may have to be next summer.

Feeshon Aboard the Jezebel II [grin]

·
Registered
204 Posts
We went to westmoreland state park this weekend . on a daytrip to Colonial Beach, it was interesting to see the golf carts and minibikes zipping around town on the public highways. Is that a local ordinance allowing them to drive on the street?

·
Registered
1 Posts
[Q]nervous wreck originally wrote:
Took my wife and a couple girlfriends over to the island today for lunch and a look about.
[/Q]

My wife won't allow me to have a couple of girlfriends. I wouldn't have any time for fishing. [grin]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts