Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thanks to Bernie for taking Paul and me out in the Jones Bros. today. Had a great day with light wind, sunny skies and calm seas. Fished plastics all day and managed somewhere around 30 Rockfish...perhaps a conservative estimate. Most fish caught around birds but several caught in the shallows. Only picture I got before my batteries went dead was of the oyster boats...about a dozen of them doing their dance in and around each other. A pretty cool site to see. Will try to post later.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found mantis shrimp in the larger of the three rock I cleaned today. Starting to think they make up a substantial part of the rock's diet at least this time of year. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey Doug,

Just got in myself from fishing with Bernie today on his boat and while not fast and furious we found ample pullage closer in towards the north end of Janes Island out in open water (few breaker and some nice sub surface action. Due to lower tides and lack of good moving water late day coupled with miserable rain we bailed on shallow water fishing and were back in by 3. Good fishing overall with some fat 18-20" fish, bigger should be moving in the sound soon. Heard ya lost one in the 25"+ range yesterday.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Matt,
Come to think of it I think we owe you big time for yesterday. If I'm not mistaken you gave Bernie a tip yesterday that resulted in us finding breaking fish between MR and #10. I think this was probably the best action of the day so again, thank you.

I'm glad you and Bernie did well. I tried to call him around noon but he must have been in the fish to heavy to talk:)). Yeah, lost a nice one at the boat. No more improved clinch knots for me. She was swimming near the boat and Bernie was sitting down and I wanted him to see the fish. I also planned to lip her because I was using a 15# leader as I discoverd I was out of my 25# flouro. Anyway she was still green and I had trouble keeping her close to the boat and the knot pulled out. Not that bad as I think we had our limit. Talk to ya soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts