Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after two days of going batter by the wind Im able to post a report. This is a two day report for Tangier Sound. Past two days have been the best fishing. Sat. we took out Mike for WBOC and will be on TV Sat. at 7:30pm. Caught 7 fish opening day. It was even between white and green. Most were caught on 7 and 4 once tandems, but some 7 once singles. All were 50-60 foot behind the boat. All but one were 38" the other was 40". We troll a 16 rod spread. About mid way threw the action the port planer board broke offdoh:help:. We recovered and continued to catch fish. Should be great for TV. Managed to get the limit before noon:clapping2: Today we had 8 people on the boat. Im not sure what it is with people that never caught a rockfish before but they are great luck! My father and brother finally came down to fish. We also had another guy from another forum to video tape. We caught our limit on the same stuff as above. Smallest fish was 36" and the biggest was 46":bigfish:. My father and brother caught a 35 lbs 46":bigfish:. My father's fish took over 30 mins. and spooled a 6\0 once. Luckily it was the last fish so we were able to pull everything in and get em. We also had a quad hook up which was the last four fish in a row. Which helped us end the day by 8:20am:clapping2:. The pictures are from day two will post day one later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Cool deal being on TV - that has to be fun.

Be sure your dad enters the big fish into the Md Fishing Challenge - gets him plus guest into the Sea Food festival at Sandy Point in Sept. for free and a chance for great prizes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts