Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with a buddy from work yesterday. Was out of Rock Hall as usual. Got on the water about 10 am and was planning to go catch some spot.

As soon as I left the harbor there were birds everywhere! One cast with the stingsilver and first blue in the boat.... Where are the rock??? I know, patience.....

Anyway, we filled the box with 10 blues for my buddy (I have enough!) All were nice sized at about 2-4 pounds, most on the bigger side. We had non stop action for 3 hours catching an releasing a bunch of fish. Caught best on top water and Rapala styled lures. Goofy bright orange and green were the colors of the day.

The bite stopped at about 1 pm although we could still troll them up. Caught spot for a while and tried for some rock out towards LP but only got more blues. Trolled in at 6 pm and, yup you guessed it, more blues.

In my small boat, the glassy conditions ALL day were a welcomed relief from the normal pounding I take, what a beautiful day!

Only saw three other boats fishing all day..... My fall vacation days for fishing are now spent. Back to weekends (and work) for me.

Any suggestions to get into some rock with out having to go to the bridge?

Tight lines,

Jeff

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Mother Nature will take care of the blues, give it a week, maybe two, fall pattern seems to be coming, finally.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
I like the play on the Bob Dlan song. As for the fish, them buggers is everywhere, but at least you got some nice size fish.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, figured Bob wouldn't mind. Always liked that song...

No complaints about the day at all. Forgot the camera, duh!

Can't wait for the next trip!

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts