Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I fished almost directly across the river from Gerret's for a couple hours this weekend. If you're not familiar with the area, it's about 6 miles down river of Tappahannock. I was using squid and had two hits. Missed them both. With the warm weather this week those fish are going to be showing up real soon.

Cheers!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Word on the street around here is the croakers are juimping in the boat around garretts. 16 - 18" fish common.

I know from last Sunday that the york is wide open just south of West Point. You have to look for the fish, but once you find them, they are more than willing.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
A friend filled the cooler with big croaker up around Tappahannock on Monday. They were going to motor down to around Garetts to avoid the $15 fee but the depthfinder lit up. They dropped squid and had action all day.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Members of the Northern Neck Anglers Club get a 50% discount on launching fees at Garretts. They are also one of our tournament weigh in locations.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Capt. Dave,
I didn't know that. Good deal. Been avoiding that place because of the fee. Willing to pay $7.50 instead of $15. I'm sure you had something to do with this. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Bubba[angel][angel]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts