Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR SALE - Chad Hoover starter kit - you too can be a kayak fishing ninja.
(Sorry Chad, I couldn’t resist)
16 month old lightly used olive green Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 with rudder and LED running light, Scotty rod holder, 230 cm Seaquest paddle, anchor/anchor line and new bottle of 303. Excellent condition – garage kept, hosed down/cleaned after every use. Everything listed new over $1000.00, $700.00 for all. Great Neck area of Va. Beach, cell phone 377-0685.........Mike

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mike,
Are you throwing in the towel or upgrading, haven't seen or heard from you in a while. Glad to hear from you. I also have a brand new Tarpon 140 with rudder for sale. It belongs to a friend that is deploying and I am trying to sell for him.
Chad

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys tend to forget I'm longer in the tooth than most of you and my back just can't take it anymore. I can barely stand and straighten up when existing on the beach & I hurt pretty bad the next day (i know - waa, waa, waa). I did however upgrade - 20' center console, at least when I get tired of paddling that I can change positions & fire the engine up :>) It'd be great if we can
work out some mothership/yak trips, I'd be glad to do it & if you're
ever in the mood for a change of pace, gimme a holler & we'll go.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mike,

Congrats on the boat purchase. You will have plenty of fun on it. I have a 20' cuddy and I fish it about half the time. I love the yak for other reasons and now use it the other 50% of the time. I guess at 32 years old I'm good to go. For me fitness is one of the reasons I like the yak (so does my wife).

With the boat you can get to some places you can't with a yak but you will find that in general the fish will be the same, the just cost more! The best part is you can bring along family and friends that are either too old, young, or not adventurous enough to yak it out to CBBT in the freezing cold.

Tom

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wpv,
Your 2nd comment was a big factor with the boat. I had other yaks available for use & could never convince either of my teenagers or wife to join me/us. Had that been the case I would have gotten another/other yaks. The boat's been great, they won't let me keep it out of the water, just the other night we were anchored up & my wife & son were tearing up stripers & blues w/ flyrods. My son had a 4 lb. blue puke a 1/2 lb. of half digested baitfish all over him - great stuff..............

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mike...thanxs fer lettin me demo tha boat....now all I need ta do is demo a Prowler........

Mike ya fishin fool...FHB.....ya got my head spinnin on tha stuff we talked about.fly fishin,yak rollers,Harper's Island,...ect...
Thanks again,Mike...will have an aswer to ya on Friday

·
Registered
284 Posts
It is a buddies yak that he won at a tournament and is fully loaded. It is the angler edition and has been in the water once. He wants $850.
Chad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts