Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Maryland and am dieing to catch a tarpon on a fly. I missed a bunch when I was in the keys for a week in high school. I was wondering if some one could point me in the right direction as far as a guide and best time of year. Thanks for you help.
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
in march the mullet begin their run and the big boys follow along with them. and stick around for a good part of the summer ..contact the marina at the BPS in Islamorada and they can put you on to a good guide or contact Bud and MAry's Marina in Islaamorada for the same good info

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
60/70 pound fish start showing in late February. Water temps are key for fish eating in the day time. Sometimes if lots of fronts from up north hit here the bite will shut down completely. While we have done good in March and April it is not always the case because it can be cold and windy. Last part of April through May you have a better chance of better weather.

Lenny Moffo specializes the big 3 on a fly Florida Flats Fishing

Captain Bill Welder
Island Charters Fishing in Key West with Captain Bill Welder

·
Registered
3 Posts
Captain Wayne Gatling runs out of 7 Mile marina in Marathon 1-800-289-0474. I have had many successful trips with him. My best times have been mothers day weekend on for about 4 weeks. That is when the mullet really start to come in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts