Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lanie and I are down in Key West for a little rest and relaxation. Was hanging around the docks watching the charters come in unloading their catch. Nothing impressive to report. But hanging around the fish cleaning station were big tarpon feeding on the scraps. Some were pretty big. Thought some of you tarpon manias might enjoy this video.

We are meeting up with Jack (Cigar Stub) on Tue for some fishing on a charter. Like to hook one of these tarpon but the wind is blowing good so we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Good luck Mike. If you go north up the keys be sure and stop at Robbies Marina on the gulf side at the base of the bridge and feed the Tarpons. A couple bucks for a bucket of bait and the huge Tarpon of all sizes fight over the fish you hand feed them, usually a couple hundred in the school and some big Snook also, its way dang cool. Its south of Islamarada.

·
Registered
417 Posts
There just like cats and dogs they know what time each resturant feeds them and you can be a one at 4:00 watch them eat the scraps and go to another resturant at 5:00 and see the same fish(one fish had a green jig in it's mouth) there feeding 3 miles away

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Mike, If that charter doesn't workout, get a hold of Bill Welder at 305-395-0850. Have him take you to the Bahia Honda bridge. You will catch tarpon and wind is not an issue there. In two days we hooked 18 there and landed 8. You won't forget the experience. BTW I know he's available because I talked to him several days ago and he is not booked solid. If you don't know Bahia Honda is about 40 minutes north of Key West.

If you want to check out his web site it's http://www.captainbill.net

1 - 9 of 9 Posts