Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to try some of those holes in Tarr Bay this weekend. Can anyone give me some locations on those holes and whats the best way to go into Tarr Bay at low tide? [grin][grin]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wish I could help but I dont know where tar bay is located. I have a friend that could be alot of help to you though, I his name is Steven...aka....Stickin em and he has a buddy named Jay...aka...catnaround. These guys fish nothing but tar bay. They never take me in there though and they also say there are no fish in tar.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Roar in there on plane and back off towards the middle. That oughta do it. If you hit something, mark it, then avoid it on the way out. [excited]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ketch I thought you gave up on the kitties? BTW we are going hunting for the man in the brown suit today. One last thing wouldnt tar bay be considered part of the dutch gap area.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Can someone tell me where this Tar bay is? And I am guessing from some of the comments that is very shallow?

thanks,

Dayton

·
Registered
36 Posts
OK, lemme sum up all the help you will get on this board:

Fish dutch gap area with bait. There you go, save alot of people time, and key strokes, so they have time to stroke something else [wink].

·
Registered
53 Posts
THEY USED TO BRING THE CIVIL WAR BOATS IN THERE TO COAT THEM WITH TAR. HENCE THE NAME TAR BAY.
THERE ARE NO BIG FISH IN THERE. STAY AWAY. TOO SHALLOW. YOU REALLY NEED TO GO FISH DUTCH GAP. EARLYRISER CAN GIVE YOU SOME INFO FOR THE GOOD SPOTS THERE.[grin]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Like Bigcat said its easier to get in from the down river side. I usually fish the edges of the channel that runs almost the entire length of the flat. I can't help you much on summertime stuff in there. I only fish it when the water is cold. This time of year I usually do what little Catfishing I do in Powells Creek,Herring Creek or the edges of the main river channel from Jordan Point downriver towards the power lines.

I didn't give it up Slade, just don't post about it much anymore. I kinda got tired of all the bmails wanting to know where to fish with most of them coming from ones who hardly contributed any to the board. I'm back to the old me, just go fishing and have fun at it and keep it to myself.

DEAN

1 - 20 of 24 Posts