Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bushel of #2's two days ago and picked the last of them yesterday. I got about 2 lbs. of crab meat from 30 crabs. When I picked, I saved the mustard in a seperate container ! I got almost a full cup . Today I made crab cakes, and afterwords I treated myself to some crab mustard spread on-top of some Club crackers! Awesome !!! First time eating it this way ! If you like the yellow stuff....Give it a try !! Dean

·
Registered
14,318 Posts
I love to eat the mustard in the corner of the crab shells but I have never collected it and made a spread for crackers. They say that all the toxins are stored in the mustard and you should not eat it. I would be selective on where the crabs came from and cut back a bit. I don't eat as much as I used to but I just can't stop completely!.............Gary

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Gary ..... You are 100% right about the bad things in the mustard. I just can't, not, eat it ! First time to use it as a spread. Variety is the spice of life ! ..........Dean

·
Registered
14,318 Posts
Yes Gary ..... You are 100% right about the bad things in the mustard. I just can't, not, eat it ! First time to use it as a spread. Variety is the spice of life ! ..........Dean
I don't drink or smoke so I guess it's OK for me to eat some mustard too.:yes: Anything that tastes good or feels good is BAD for youdoh You know the next time I eat crabs i will have some on a cracker! Thanks for helping to kill me:hysterical:.How many crackers do you think I would have to eat until YOU have my crabbing spot:eek2:...........Gary

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Gary....We all are gonna die from something ! You never hear of someone dying from NOTHING !! And about your crabbin' spot....I think I crab VERY near you !.....Dean

·
Registered
14,318 Posts
Well Gary....We all are gonna die from something ! You never hear of someone dying from NOTHING !! And about your crabbin' spot....I think I crab VERY near you !.....Dean
Now that I think about it..........I have never heard of some one dying from crab mustard. Hope to see you out there this summer and we can share a mustard cracker!............Gary

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
wow I can feel the love.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
And dont you forget it you worthless hussie! It's Dirty Sancheze time you!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Annapolis, MD 5/10/2011

The MD house of delegates have just introduced HB 20112, A bill in which levies a tax on each tablespoon of crab mustard consumed. Mike Miller stated, " I think the bill is a good one as we will put extra money in the state coffers and keep people from killing themselves by eating crab mustard." The money collected will go to fund Baltimore, Prince Georges and Montgomery County schools.

·
Registered
24 Posts
for years with a wife and four kids I got to eat all the mustard from every crab at the table . Until 1 day 2 years ago my youngest daughter (12 at the time) was dared to eat it . I was the loser because now I have to share all the mustard with her. I just hope she doesn't ever try oysters because I can barely afford a bushel for myself let alone her and the whole family. I haven't died yet from it , but heck I even suck the juice out of the devil fingers!! Maybe thats what keeps the mustard from killing me .

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's gotta be the yellow mustard !! You can have the green and the whitish lookin' stuff !!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts