Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Lewis DE on 10/19/05 and anchored up on the south side of the wall. This was my first time ever taugin, those are some tricky little ******s! Anyway the wind blew hard and i was able to pull five keepers over the rails. This was a successful trip for my first time but i lost a lot of tackle. Anyone have any good riggin ideas or any hotter spots where i can catch a larger variety of fish ie (sheepshead,seabass,taug,and stripers)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try rubber bands on 2 oz sinkers. You loose the sinker only if you get hung up. Works for our gang when we Taug.. Use a Taug Rig and tie the rubber band to the sinker and then the line. Keep the rod in hand and don't let the line just set . Slowly move & jig the line in and out of the crevaces in the wall.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This time of year I would head to the last Ice breaker, or up to site 8. Not a big fan of the outter wall. Big time rig stealer. There are a couple wrecks with in a mile or so of the wall too that will produce nice fish. My biggest this year came off of site 8. It was just shy of 8lbs. I make my own rigs, and have heard of useinf rubber bands, but never tried them. But I have fished wrecks for tog 13 days this year, and have only lost 2 rigs, and one of them was when we were drifting over a wreck waiting for the tide to change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.