Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought this might interest some of you who keep your boat in the water- I have been using micrin extra the last couple of years with very good success and really no complaints. This year i saw the Petit trinidad antifouling bottom paint on sale and with the same qualities- ablative, slime inhibitor etc i decided to give it a try , especially since i had haeard many good things about it before. Well i wont throw away my money any more because there is no comparison- no barnacles on the hull per se but loaded with slime more so than i have ever seen on a boat bottom. the areas i did paint on my metal running gear were coated with barnacles even though they were painted as well. So in summary , i will never use the Petit antifouling bottom paints again.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hummmm. I used Pettit Horizon ablative for at past 5 years, not a lick of problem. No critters have attached themselves. I do get a tad of green slime if the boat sits 2 weeks, but as soon as I run the boat it's gone. Works for me. Is the Trinidad on the cheaper end?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am the blockhead , it was Petit Ultima,and MicronExtra- not trinidad or CSC. maybe i got a bad batch or something but i am very dissapointed with its performance .

·
Registered
53 Posts
use the micron for years with good results. switched to petitt vivid, for the new boat, this summer. it got good reviews from "powerboat reports.," and i've been pleased so far. oh yeah, it's also a few $$$ cheaper than the micron

·
Registered
116 Posts
I love the Micron Extra. Keep my boat in the water from April 1 until November 15 each year at OC Md. and when it is pressure washed at Sunset Marina each fall, it looks new. I only put one coat on and I do it each spring. No build up and no complaints from me.

Classic Trade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts