Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase a TFL mainly for crabbing. The seller mentioned the Apprenticeship Program. I was under the impression it was for new Licenses and not for transfers. Does anyone know what the actual regulations are or point me to someone that does.

Thanks,
Sean_

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Sean
If you are purchasing an existing license, there is no apprenticeship involved, you just purchase the license ,fill out the paperwork and your license will be sent to you.
the apprenticeship program is for those who are applying for a new license or an upgrade to an additinnal license

most of the answers to your questions can be found here
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/commercial/index.html

The best source of info and
For additional information call Department of Natural Resources, Fisheries Service, at 410-260-8260 or 1-800-688-FINS or e-mail Dianne Samuels at [email protected].

you will find Dianne to be very helpful with the details

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sean
If you are purchasing an existing license, there is no apprenticeship involved, you just purchase the license ,fill out the paperwork and your license will be sent to you.
the apprenticeship program is for those who are applying for a new license or an upgrade to an additinnal license

most of the answers to your questions can be found here
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/commercial/index.html

The best source of info and
For additional information call Department of Natural Resources, Fisheries Service, at 410-260-8260 or 1-800-688-FINS or e-mail Dianne Samuels at [email protected].

you will find Dianne to be very helpful with the details
Thanks! I went ahead and sent Dianne an E-mail just to be extra certain. I read the DNR website about 47 times. I thought I understood but the the exact wording on the proper procedure was no where to be found.

What is a fair price for a TFL with no rock fish endorsements and no associated gear.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Thanks! I went ahead and sent Dianne an E-mail just to be extra certain. I read the DNR website about 47 times. I thought I understood but the the exact wording on the proper procedure was no where to be found.

What is a fair price for a TFL with no rock fish endorsements and no associated gear.
Is it an unlimited TFL or LLC. They all say Tidal Fish License on them.

An unlimited is worth $7,000 to $10,000. Anything less and it's a very good deal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks REDS. I am double checking on that since I would be getting a good deal. It states tidal fish license/ crab catcher / finfish hook and line. So it sounds like no not a (TFL) but LCC and HLI only.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Thanks REDS. I am double checking on that since I would be getting a good deal. It states tidal fish license/ crab catcher / finfish hook and line. So it sounds like no not a (TFL) but LCC and HLI only.
Can't help you with any price on that license. I'm sure someone on here has an idea of the worth.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Sean
is it this one
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/292354057.html

my estimate for the LCC would be from $2000 (low)-$4000 (high) this is assuming that you didn't get any gear of any substantial value such as a boat or motor

an HLI without a rockfish endorsment is not worth much. I wouldn't even attempt to place a value on it. I would consider it to be worthless IMHO. if you could get a rockfish endorsment ,then it would have some value. you could get on the waiting list for rockfish but there is a long waiting list for rockfish endorsments. Dianne Samuels or Gladys Downs should be able to tell you how long the last person to get a rockfish endorsment had to wait for their endorsment.

Hint if you do decide to purchase ,it is best to get the paperwork from Dianne first
there is a form that needs to be filled out and signed by the seller & buyer & notarized

·
Registered
204 Posts
$2000 is the minimum legal purchase price for a license and business, according to DNR.

Take everything to Diane Samuels... do NOT mail all your forms in.... go right to her, and she process it, and you will leave Annapolis with your LCC card.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Sean
is it this one
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/292354057.html

my estimate for the LCC would be from $2000 (low)-$4000 (high) this is assuming that you didn't get any gear of any substantial value such as a boat or motor

an HLI without a rockfish endorsment is not worth much. I wouldn't even attempt to place a value on it. I would consider it to be worthless IMHO. if you could get a rockfish endorsment ,then it would have some value. you could get on the waiting list for rockfish but there is a long waiting list for rockfish endorsments. Dianne Samuels or Gladys Downs should be able to tell you how long the last person to get a rockfish endorsment had to wait for their endorsment.

Hint if you do decide to purchase ,it is best to get the paperwork from Dianne first
there is a form that needs to be filled out and signed by the seller & buyer & notarized
The rockfish endorsement, forget it. I just checked 5 weeks ago for somebody and there are 550 people on the list and it went down 2 in the last 2 years. If you need that endorsement , you either have to buy it or buy a place in line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts