Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to thank everyone that posted and even some who sent PMs about my last post. THANK YOU! It made a difficult time a little easier.TF is a great place with GREAT people!
Gunner was put down last night and it was very peaceful. The vet came to the house, my daughter and ex were here. He knew he was loved and that it was ok to leave me.
Thank you all!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
even though you knew it was coming it still isn't easy......I had to do that about a year ago and still miss my dog!!! Take care Jeff..........

·
Registered
14,613 Posts
Jeff, I am glad you had company. My ex and Son came over to go with me to the vet last year. It is a very tough time and the pain is intense. You think it will never stop hurting but each day it gets better. My dog has been gone a year already. The hurt is gone and fond memories are all that remain. Both of our dogs lived a FULL life, actually more than most and that's all you can ask for. I have another Lab who is 4 now and I know I will be facing the same thing again one day. The years of love they provide super cedes the sting of death. Hope you feel better soon............Gary

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Jeff - I'm sure he had a great life. Anyone that knows me well, knows there is always a black lab or hound mix in my truck, always rescue pound dogs...I know your pain. Hopefully everything turns up roses for you going forward. Jim

·
Registered
739 Posts
Gunner was a great dog, a little nuts but a great dog. He will be missed. I will not miss him trying to drink my beer during football games at your house. Love your brother

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
Sorry to hear - sounds like Gunner left about as good as he could have - surrounded by love.

Pain from losing a dog burns intense for a few days - then subsides to a dull ache.

When I had to put my Lab down - vet asked me if I knew why dogs live 10 to 12 years.
I told him because they are fast paced - he shook his head - no , then said - if they lived to be 40 or 50 , the heartbreak of losing them would kill a man.
Never forgot that - holds a lot of truth.

See how good your vet is - a good one does not charge for the last call , a great one leaves you a bottle.

·
Registered
562 Posts
He'll be waiting for you that's for sure. I have a dog thats now 20 years old. (Yorkie) She can still find her food but she totally depends on us.
It's going to be really tough. Hopefully she'll die in her sleep. She used to love to go fishing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
No words can replace that pain bro. Been there done that and suprisingly enough didnt learn my lesson. Up on round two now. Everyone signs up for it when you get a dog, you just never really understand how much its gonna hurt.

Cheers,

Evans

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
A man has no better friend than his dog.I feel for you brother but i know from experience the pain will lesson and the fond memories will linger for a lifetime.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there Jeff, sorry for your loss. Being a dog lover, and having to have them put down in the past, I know how painful it is. Soon the pain will subside a bit, and later on, you'll be remembering stories about Gunner with a smile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts