Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been meaning to do this for a while but haven't made the time.

As many of you all know, I had a house fire this past year. It made for a difficult year for us as we also had the excitement of having our third child. Through trying to recover and get back in the house order, I found that I didn't have a rider in my insurance policy that would allow my insurance company to replace all of my siding to make it match. They would only replace the areas damaged by the fire. Unfortunately my home is 24 years old and the siding was an oxidized AL. So matching would almost be impossible. Despite already having spent a lot of money out of our savings to redo our kitchen, 2 bathrooms and floors earlier in the year my wife and I decided to bite the bullet and have the whole home resided. This bullet could have been a much bigger one to bite if it wasn't for fellow TFer THREE Vs, who is the president of Thompson Creek Windows ( http://www.thompsoncreek.com ). Vin came over knowing our circumstances and worked with us to help us get our home resided and windows replaced as quickly as possible. His willing to work with us is a true testament to the strength of the community here and what kind of people you can meet here. Vin is one of the top shelf ones in our opinion. Not only did he work with us on our windows and siding but the quality is far above that of others in our community who have had similar work done.

Here are a couple of before and after pictures:

As you can imagine, I highly recommend contacting Vin if you need windows, siding, gutters or entry doors. I am confident he will treat you great!

Vin finished 5th in the ASA division 3 this year and won the Hampton Stop of the tour. So it was also good to pick up some fishing tips from him and his father...

Thanks again Vin. :thumbsup:

(I hope this doesn't embarrass you :grin: )

·
Premium Member
26,270 Posts
Nice to hear-fisherman in general are OK guys.Never understood insurance thinking it's normal to only replace the damaged side.Once the work crew is on site the price isn't that much more to replace all off it.Lot of good hearted people on this board who will drop everything to help out.:) Skip

·
Registered
614 Posts
Nice to hear-fisherman in general are OK guys.Never understood insurance thinking it's normal to only replace the damaged side.Once the work crew is on site the price isn't that much more to replace all off it.Lot of good hearted people on this board who will drop everything to help out.:) Skip
I wouldn't be surprised at ANYTHING an insurance company does! They sell promises. Performance is a wholly different concept in their eyes... They do the absolute minimum they can possibly can based on the most minimalist reading of the words on paper (that the insured has generally never seen since insurance is sold on "summaries" not the language of the policy itself) that they can conjur up.

I try to avoid contact with insurance companies whenever possible.

TED

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.