Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to thank Beth (Classicrockfish), Lou (Chumlord), for giving me advise,confidence and encouragement to continue with what was a very frustrating attempt @ Speck fishing.
I went out on the Elizabeth on a beautiful Saturday with my nephew with very little love. Two, 12 inch throw-backs. Decided to return on Sunday, but the weather turned cold and windy and with my lack of success I couldn’t convince anyone to go, so I went alone.

I employed some of the colors and technique’s suggested by Beth and Lou, Walla! My first keepers… 24 inch, 4.5lb and 18 inch, 2.25lb. I know it isn’t a lot to write home about for you seasoned Speck fisherman/woman, but I tried everything in the book with “no” success. So, I’m posting this to thank, 2, true sportsman/woman for taking the time to share their knowledge to a total stranger, and I hope I’ll be able to return the favor or pay-it forward…

I look forward to seeing you on the water, or fishing with you… Thanks!
Patrick

These two are for you!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Awesome job! Sticktuitivness pays off and never hurts to get a lil help from your friends!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the report Patrick. I'm like you, I can't catch specks to save my a$$$. Glad you got it figured out. Maybe one of these days I will. It is outstanding how some people on this board will go out of their way to help each other. :thumbup:

Art

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Patrick,

I was having one of those insane days where everything is happening so fast you feel like you can't catch up. I had also received some bad news about my dad falling and injuring himself. I just decided to take 5 minutes to break away and I logged onto tidalfish. I saw your post. As I read it I was suddenly in the present moment :no clock ticking, no phone ringing, no problems, just the here and now, and I was genuinely touched by it. I am so happy for you that you were successful:clapping2:. Your fish are beautiful by the way:yes:.. A job WELL DONE!! I do understand how frustrating targeting a new fish can be as I am self taught. Your story was truly a breath of fresh air to me and I needed it. So, I want to equally extend my gratitude to you for taking your time to write this post. By the way.. What time is dinner??? Enjoy!! :0) Beth :))

·
Registered
352 Posts
I know what you mean Sir. I have gone to both of them for advice. Beth gave me great advice on getting my family on some giant croakers this year, my 4 yr. old thinks his Dad is, "Awesome", can't thank you enough Beth. And just last week when Lou caught that 63lb. striper,,,, well that very same day I called him and asked for advice on catching stripers... That night, doing what he had told me to, I caught two of the biggest stiper of my life, not much but they were 36" and 49", thanks again Lou.
What comes around goes around, thank God for these two great people and willing to help others. I was quite surprised when I was noticing that information with fishing was like pulling teeth here in VA.. Been here for 21 yrs. and when I returned from Iraq I went and bought me a 23' CC for ocean fishing..... I found that people where not as willing to give advice like they are in FL.. There is the fishermen/women against the fish...... EVERYONE is always willing to give Lat. and Longs., colors, sizes of baits to use, etc.
I made it a point to thank both Beth and Lou for their advice and I'll take this time again to thank them. God Bless you both.... and Beth, my wife and son thank you as well.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Awesome report congrats.. Beth and Lou have also helped me to catch fish aswell from watching Lou's podcasts too talking to beth personally at the boat docks and up here.. thanks again Brandon

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Nice Fish!

Beth & Lou are the best kind of TFers! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association - Virginia

1 - 11 of 11 Posts