Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say fishboy's post on eeling techniques has been tested and works. Went yesterday for a couple of hours, and got worn out. Citation releases of 44, 46, and one estimated over 50, that we couldn't get in the net - so released boatside.

I also learned:
1) I need a bigger net
2) Tecate beer cans and Coke cans look enough alike to confuse me in the dark
3) The weather man isn't always right with the wind forecast (is that new ?)

Thanks for the posts !!!:)

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
anytime

Glad you got out there and experienced the awsome bite that's been going on. That's what this board is for, info as well bragging and reports. Glad it worked for ya':D

·
Registered
771 Posts
WTG on the nice fish!

It was nice and flat on that side of the bay. The abuse started as we neared the mouth of the York River. The windshield wiper and bilge pump got a work out for a while. Guess I could have slowed down a little. :D

Congratulations on the paper!

James

·
Registered
201 Posts
Weekend Warrior

I was the boat next to you most of the night. We talked a couple times.
Nice job on your fish.

We ended up with about 25 fish from 38-46" with a 45" release & 46" release.
Lost another big one next to the boat also.

They were chewing!

The weather man should be hung like Saddam.
What a ride back in!

Nice fishing next to you.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Nice job Pat.
You can never go wrong w/ number 1; number 2 I can understand, but still probably tasted nice; and number 3 the WX forecast, well it's just that, a probability.
Evan.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evan - I wanted the beer - got the Coke ! Last trip for the boat, coming out of the water next week at VB boats. Listed at 34, will take reasonable offers. Depart early Feb

Backlash - wondered at first if we had it wrong, until the current picked up, and we had to drop to 2 rods vs 4. Thanks for the company.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts