Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to give a huuuge THANK YOU for all you TFer's well wishes re my prostate cancer diagnosis...I received a lot of PM's and wasn't able to answer them all but your thoughts were mightily appreciated. Doc said that at age 47 was the youngest patient he's treated, the pathology of the cancer was high on the scale so I'm feeling mighty lucky. If Dad hadn't passed away from prostate cancer mere months before I never would have been diagnosed:confused: Post surgery tests discovered that suspected liver cancer was benign :))

Surgery was the day after Christmas in Easton w/the new-fangled DaVinci robotic-assisted radical prostatectomy method aided by my 60+ pound weight loss:eek2: (an experience in itself and its staying off thanks to a lifestyle change!!) to make this work.

Out of the hospital the day after and with tubes and stuff sticking/hanging outta me for the week after I felt like a Borg from Star Trek and I'll tell ya what...

....I'll NEVER, EVER take the simple act of peeing for granted again!:thumbup::wacko:

Guys potency is an issue with this touchy surgery but three weeks after surgery "It's aliiive...!", I'm impressing everyone (especially the Missus) with the recovery and the Missus insists on helping with the "daily rehabilitation", to great success. :cool:;-):D:D:D

After nearly a year sidetracked and struggling to keep up my routine on Chesapeake, Western Maryland and West Virginia waters we celebrated by purchasing a spanking new pop-up camper to take our fishing trips to new levels. This experience surely makes each time on the water the sweeter and more precious.

Thanks Gang!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Pat -

I'm glad things went well. I hope you heal up faster than I did after my prostate surgery 4 years ago. An internal stitch did not heal up properly, so I had to stay on the catheter for 50 days (more than 7 weeks). It was a great relief to end that ordeal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.