Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I just made it home after an early AM run to the HRBT. I only fished a few hours but couldn't pass up the calm & clear conditions. Caught plenty of schoolies but nothing big. I was the only one out until around 6. Time for a nap - drive safe.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I was on a boat at the Third idsland this morning at 7 am wire-linning; there were two others there with wire; by 8 am we had our limit and I counted 20 boats fishing the same tube; we left for home at 8 and and arrived at the Salt Ponds Marina in Hampton thirty minutes later.

The boat I fished on said the fish were biting better at that spot yesterday.

We caught on fish that went 28 inches, the others were 23 to 26 inche...very full of all kinds of small baitfish...small bunker, small spot and some other stuff I did not recognize. From the condition of the bait in stomach, they had been feeding for some time before we arrived.

Bob Allen, Hampton

ps...while at the tube, birds jumped up on the BAy side near the curve south of us. We cruised down that way at 8 am on the way home, but they had dispersed. I think we will be seeing schools of fish with birds over them very soon.

BAywater temp was 47 degrees this am.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts