Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be in Corolla the week of Thanksgiving and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a retail seafood market. Specifically, one that might have oysters and shrimp this time of year. we are going to fry a turkey on Thursday and was thinking of making some fried oyster and shrimp Po-boys for the LSU v. Arkansas game on Friday afternoon.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

·
Registered
805 Posts
I do not know around Corolla but if you head south on RT. 12 and before Jockeys Ridge ( the big sand pile on the right) on the left side of the road there is a nice fish market (it has a Great White shark in the front) with lots of good stuff and one if not the best place around.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There used to be a market on the main road into Collington Harbor. Not sure if is still there, but they had good fresh seafood.

·
Registered
27 Posts
to thanksgiving in corolla

u can stop at mp 1 1/2 @ carawans seafood and get your oysters ( i suggest u get the local oyters) 48.00 bush. and they will also have fresh frozen local shrimp. 4.99 lb. you can also get fresh seafood at billys on colington rd. mp 8 1/2. and austins mkt. across from jockeys ridge mp 14. i just got a bushels of local oyters and they were great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks to all for the responses and suggestions. why does Forresst Gump come to mind with the mention of a bushel of oysters. steamed oysters, fried oysters grilled oysters, raw oysters, oyster stew. I need 3 rolls of paper towels to wipe up the drool.

Ben

·
Registered
610 Posts
there is or was a seafood market just past bobs fishin hole on the left also go to bobs on friday they have a oyster roast every year the day after thanksgiving

i will be there also for thanksgiving week so i plan on going to the beach to see if anything is biting or not

have a happy thanksgiving

use some of those fresh oysters in the stuffing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts