Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well.....i admit it........sometimes i do troll.

The alarm clock went off at 4am. After getting everything together, i was on the road to cambridge to meet my dad with the boat and gear. We were idling out of slaughter creek on the little choptank at 7:15am. We ran out to the channel and started setting my little 8 rod spread. I run 2 rods on each planer (50' lines) and 4 boat rods. We trolled the deep water for about an hour without a pull down. I went up into 45 - 50 feet and worked our way north.

The short of it, the fishing was amazing. We didn't get our first bite until close to 9am. From there, it all went down-hill.

Here is what we saw all morning long.

By 11am we had boated 22 fish with 6 overs. No big fish, our largest was 36". All of our unders were 27 3/4" and fat as can be. We had 3 double hookups on the same line. My dad pulled in a 36 and a 27 in on an umbrella.....he was worn out. We never had a run-off on any of the planer rods. The hot rods today were my close umbrellas with big weight. 4 arm umbrella with 2 parachutes, 12oz back 40 feet and another 4 arm with 2 parachutes, 16oz back 50 feet. By 11am we were worn out and ready to pack it in. The boat was back on the trailer by 12 noon and we were out of there with our limit.

Here's my dad with our smallest over @ 29 3/4"

I was dreaming of LTJ last night, no really i was. I dreamed that i caught a 50 pounder on a 2500 series reel and a 6" BKD. When i got up this morning, i went to get my LTJ sticks and i said, NO ill save space. That was the worst fishing mistake i've made in a loooooooong time. Today would have been a perfect LTJ day. However, i am glad we got on the water and i don't mind trolling on days like today when the action is steady!!

I apologize for no big fish pics, when the action gets hot i get so excited i forget to do things.........take pics.......steer the boat.......you know, the norm.

BTW - every fish we caught today was covered with sea lice.

Happy Thanksgiving

-Mike

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Awesome fishing. :rockingreport::rockingreport: When I saw the part about the downhill and then the rest of the report must have been a slow ride down the hill:))

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Great report and pics,shame you forgot you LTG sticks but at least you caught some nice fish .Thanks for the report

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Hey Mike...I was out there today same area in my Parker...Had John Pearce with me....the most birds I have ever seen...will post a report this afternoon...gonna head out again this am........

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
WTG Mike sure looks like a good day on the water, thnks for the report and nice pic. I hope to see some of those birds on Saturday...

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Heading out today with the in-laws..... calls to you and Jamie are in my future! Thank you for reporting. Was wondering if anyone would yesterday.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
We also had a great day. 3 :bigfish: with one fish going 46 1/2:bigfish: That pig took me down almost to the backing of a TLD 25. I'm a little sore this morning:D

Happy Thanksgiving to me:D

Phil(lily)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Sweet report Mike:thumbup: Good to see a LTJ guy venture to the "dark side" once in a while:D Man..............I hope Kimbro doesn't see this:eek2: Just kidding............Congrats to you and your dad.......................Mark

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Nice job there Mike!!!! :rockingreport:

Sounds like there are a few fish still around....I hope to find a few on Saturday.

BTW- We all have made those "mistakes" before...but ya learn you can never have tooooo many rods!!! :yes:

·
Registered
883 Posts
WTG Mike; When ther're hitting like that, who cares how your fishing.:D Hope to have that luck soon. George

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Nice job Mike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts