Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Fri am around point look out light house in acres of birds. Drifted for a couple hours from school to school of rockfish. Fish on every cast with light top water gear. Caught several keeper size fish. Water was boiling with breaking fish. Around 11 boats started to cover the water ,some trolling, some jigging , everybody catching fish and getting along. Ran into lewisetta, filled tank and headed out to bay , around 68. Dropped trolling lines in around noon and circled around with the fleet. Radio chatter made it seem like the bite was slowing down but 30 plus inchers had been taken earlier. Putt putt putt then wham, line when tight !!picked rod out of holder in time to feel a heavy fish make his run. Snap !! There he goes with my favorite spoon. Checked reel and drag was completely tight. Bummed bored and trolling till about 130 . nothing moving or biting. Radio silient. Pulled lines in cause I had to be in by 2 . on the way in saw 4 birds over a patch or rough water. My brother talked me in to throwing a couple top lines at them. First to casts we both hook up on the light top water rods. Fish pulling line off reels !!! Poles bent double. He's yelling at me to get the net!! I am hollering at him to watch the school of fish.! Took us bit to get them in boat but two 28 inchers. Threw lines back at school and wham wham we were at it again!! Big heavy fish on lightest lines we had. Super fun. Kept at it for awhile then the other boats found us and I had to move on as a trolling boat with three very excited fishermen and no driver nearly ran us down. Thankfully they decided to let us know we were at fault for sitting still in there path although we had been there for twenty min straight. Threw lines back in at school of fish but we were back to catching 16 inchers.
If anybody was out trolling in bay and was catching thirty plus inchers I would love to hear about it. Sounded like it was good Fri and Sat am.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Sounds like a great time, some fish to yourselves for a while and some sore arms to show for it. Good read and thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Kevin
Weekend Mistress

1 - 5 of 5 Posts