Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get out today as the weather looks iffy at best for the next few days. I know Goose said something about getting out as well. I hope you could find a lee shore or protected area, because it was rough and howling out there today.

I did manage to catch 5 pickerel though, with the largest pictured below, as well as 1 yellow.

100_1644.jpg

100_1646.jpg

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice work greg
Good that you got out.
I finally got my first pickeral on a fly yesterday. just from my dock. Went down for a few few quick casts, and got a 21 inch one on the first of those.
Now that the skunk is off - I got another today, only about 18 inches, also on my first cast.
Both on an olive and white clouser. I don't have any of those electric chicken flies!
Despite the wind elsewhere, this cove is lee today and was glassy. I could see bait ripples, and some larger fish wakes moving around the cove. Only the one within casting range.
Saw a black squirrel on opposite bank yesterday - see those occaisionally here.
Dave

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice work Dave. The olive/white is another good choice. :thumbup:

I fished places both in and out of the wind, with better results in the sheltered/lee areas. I began at 9:30 and had a skunk on until about 12:15 when the sun poked its head out. Caught all five within an hour's time... at low tide.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Good work. I got out this afternoon on the canoe and fished a new spot (close to "home port") for about 90 minutes with Evans. We did ok, considering the conditions...3 Pike with a few misses tossed in. No Yellows. Water in the upper-Severn was stained, but 50-53 degrees at the surface. All fish were broad shouldered and fiesty (with some jumps!). We didn't measure, but the largest was probably 21-22, another around 20 and one around 17-18.

Funny, I knew the spot we fished today could be productive, Evans knew about it, too, but I never bothered to fish it until today. Were it not for the need to find shelter from the wind, I might have skipped it again today.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny, I knew the spot we fished today could be productive, Evans knew about it, too, but I never bothered to fish it until today. Were it not for the need to find shelter from the wind, I might have skipped it again today.
Where'd you think I caught this girl. Must have just missed you guys. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts