Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lost my job this morning. 6 years as Mortgage Banker. Our office is downsizing to 8 employees from 25. Its been along time since I have had to file for unemployment.

Another bad day or maybe a blessing?

Phil (lily)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
sorry to hear that Phil , its amazing how the obama media keeps reporting everything is getting better but it seems all that we hear about is layoffs and downsizing
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Hey Phil:

I'm sure you do but my wife has contacts in the Mortgage industry localy (MBA in DC) cpntact us if we can help your situation.

MG

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
hang in there, phill
when i lost my last job, about 9 yrs ago, i thought it was the end of the world
now i look back and it was really a blessing.
a talented guy like you will land on your feet!

good luck!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Sucks to hear of your misfortune Phil......keep moving forward and things will fall into place.....I just went through the same thing last year and with help from FRIENDS I have managed to stop the bleeding.........craziest thing though.......I pass that place twice a day and noticed not long ago the flashing sign was announcing you guys were hiring.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Damn Phil.. Don't know what to say, except sorry to hear that. You all seem really busy, thought things were picking up. Like everyone
said, it could be a blessing, in the long run.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah. They hired 2 new people. The one lady got wind of some things and she quit the first day. Then the guy they hired also got wind of them downsizing and he quit after only 1 week.

The worst part of losing this job, was the owner was my good friend. We grew up together and partied alot in our 20's. There was alot of tears flowing but I understand his position. I was not a top producer. He was only going to keep his top people. I still think it was a blessing. With all of the new regulations coming April 1st, he will be closing his doors before June 1st?

I'm already talking with some people and have had some calls from other banks but I think its time for a change. The mortgage industry is going into the toilet. It will be real hard to make a 6 figure income in the industry anymore.

I'm trying to do some freelance selling for a few people. As long as I can make 6000 a month, I can survive. I just wish I would have saved some money when I was making 20k + monthly. Oh well, another learning experience.

Phil(lily)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts