Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steak, onion strings and Crappie from none other than the legendary Perch Whisperer Andy. Thanks for the Crappie Andy, they were delicious! We went down the other way Andy and all I managed to do was catch a piece of some sort of 1800s farm machinery, lol. I'll zap off a picture tomorrow, I'm bushed and got a full belly.
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all.

Reactions: Choptank River

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Steak, onion strings and Crappie from none other than the legendary Perch Whisperer Andy. Thanks for the Crappie Andy, they were delicious! We went down the other way Andy and all I managed to do was catch a piece of some sort of 1800s farm machinery, lol. I'll zap off a picture tomorrow, I'm bushed and got a full belly.
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all.
Thanks Rob. It was nice meeting you and M. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice meeting you as well. Even a skunk day has good times. I think Saturday will be Elliot's Island. They're saying a 5mph wind. Further up the Marshyhope it gets REAL skinny, skinny enough that we turned around before the low bridge. We could see where something was feeding in the 5' of water line, maybe sturgeon?

. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Pat as well.

Reactions: Choptank River

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to add that I had the mythical GREEN BUCKET in my mitts yesterday, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: andypat

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Anything is better than turkey for Thanksgiving. It's dry as a popcorn fart. Prime rib is much better and crappie is right up there too.......Gary
Home made spaghetti and meatballs For us cause mom is 96 and allergic to turkey I don’t care for turkey un less deep fried .but finished the nite off with a Bushnell of fat oysters from lindys. YUM

·
Registered
439 Posts
Did the Traditional Thanksgiving yesterday, and enjoying my favorite part today: turkey sammiches.

Will do it all again Sunday, but with ham.

First year in many we didn't have oysters though. May need to rectify that Sunday.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Did the Traditional Thanksgiving yesterday, and enjoying my favorite part today: turkey sammiches.

Will do it all again Sunday, but with ham.

First year in many we didn't have oysters though. May need to rectify that Sunday.
We went to a new restaurant in Denton. New for us. and had the best fried oysters. Better then Suicide Bridge. It is The Market Street Pub. It is an Irish Pub. Check it out if you ever visit Denton.
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Deep frying

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anything is better than turkey for Thanksgiving. It's dry as a popcorn fart. Prime rib is much better and crappie is right up there too.......Gary
I usually make a turkey on the kamado grill before it warms up to make sammiches and soup out of. A well brined and smoked turkey is as juicy as a North Carolina peach. The outcome of a decent turkey is the prep, same for a chicken. I usually put my herb butter inder the skin as well, baste the last 2 hours of cooking time every 1/2 hour, the sammiches are to die for.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
I usually make a turkey on the kamado grill before it warms up to make sammiches and soup out of. A well brined and smoked turkey is as juicy as a North Carolina peach. The outcome of a decent turkey is the prep, same for a chicken. I usually put my herb butter inder the skin as well, baste the last 2 hours of cooking time every 1/2 hour, the sammiches are to die for.
Rob Pat cooked a Purdue turkey breast. It was pretty good. Was better for sandwiches. Then she made turkey Soup with them wide noodles with the rest of it. That was even better.

·
Registered
15,393 Posts
I brine and smoked a turkey to my friend Becky's house it was way better than the oven turkey.
Food Turkey meat Ingredient Hendl Bird

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I always save the skin for soup to get the smoke flavor as well as the drippings out of the roasting pan.

Reactions: crabby and son

·
Registered
349 Posts
We went to a new restaurant in Denton. New for us. and had the best fried oysters. Better then Suicide Bridge. It is The Market Street Pub. It is an Irish Pub. Check it out if you ever visit Denton. View attachment 283248
Andy,

Is that the restaurant on main street on the corner? We always eat late lunch there after fishing the spawn runs, will try the oysters next time for sure .....................

You're a good restaurant guide (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts