Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have only had two boats come in so far but it is looking good this weekend. Buzz and John Bell found some blues with one really nice one. The other picture is the Brannon crew who went across between 72 and the oyster sanctuary. They used #2 planers and 22 oz weight and got into these big ones! Nice catch!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A lot of guys got past me and my camera today but I did get one more before dark. This is Bill Bowmaster with his nice blues. A nice flounder just came in also but the guy was camera shy so I didn't get the picture.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Weakfish too!

Mark, my daughter Devon, and I caught blues nearly non-stop for three hours from noon until 3PM. We were near the WW bridge reef. Not a lot of breakers, but we were able to find bait and suspended fish easily enough. Best of the bunch were about 3 lbs. We decided not to run out to 72 today because the fishing was so good close in, and it was Devon's first time fishing with me on the bay. The bonus today was when we got into some weakfish, all short except for the one keeper pictured. Most all the fish caught on stingsilvers though Mark and I did get a couple on topwater plugs. Tried livelining for rockfish very briefly at the light house before we quit, but really didn't give it enough time.

Sorry we didn't stop to get a picture for your web page! Daddy duty was calling Mark!

See you next weekend. I'll definitely be trolling hoses for those 7 pounders!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't realize that was your daughter. Nice girl. I am glad you guys got into the fish. Shame you didn't snag into one of those stray mackerel. I know you love them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts