Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished just south of Reedy Pt,got out Sat about 2;00pm fished till 6:30pm caught fish slow but steady ended with 11 fish w/2 over 35lbs and 3 19-23lbs and the others 10-12lbs,all fish caught on fresh herring thanks Ele[smile]the herring were the ticket,heading back out today right after easter lunch can't wait...

·
Registered
104 Posts
nice trip. i have been fishing the flats soo much this year i forgot all about the productive water close to home. what depth of water were you fishing.may give it a try this week.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the truth,so much hype about the flats it's easy to forget about the De.but when the runs on it's on may be short a couple weeks but there are big fish right now,the last moon brought some nice fish up,anyway we try to stay in about 8ft of water right off the mud flats....it was killer today got out about 3:30 caught 8 today smallest 12lbs biggest 29lbs...go get em..

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was out friday at the pipes and some other spots including the jersey side i didnt even get a bite i had some nice bloodworms and real sad looking frozen bunker both from eastern marine.i'll try again this friday any idea where i can get some fresh bait. bunker or herring thanks jim

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never caught any fish on lures there, try them every time I'am out there BA's,metal,storms, bucktails not even a bump,fresh herring is tops,but Ele is out for now,frozen anything is next to worthless the only thing that will eat it is the catties,shad are running in the small creeks around here right now,for free it will do the job, fresh bunker works almost as good as fresh herring also heard Capt. Bones may have some fresh bunker..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts