Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It makes me cringe to see all the salt, chemicals and sand spread down on ice that will melt in 2 hours!!! Its all going to run to the bay.

why can't people just stay home and drive slower??

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I can think of two reasons: #1. Our workaholic ways. No one seems to be able to relax anymore. Everyone's in a rush, and #2. We are an instant gratification society. People don't wait for anything.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Rocks and Blues - right on ! The government pays to clean up our bay, and then salts the roads like maniacs - and then pays to clean up - it's INSANE! Sierra club and Nature conservancy should spend their money on public awareness.
The real reason is.. can't you see how many jobs you can create making each work against each other? The salters work an entirely differnt dept. than the envirostudy gov't folk. They don't communicate, and they don't care. if they fixed the problem, they'd all be out of a job.
Gov't agencies NEVER fix a problem. If they fix the problem, they'd have to fold up shop, and that's never gonna happen in a bueracracy.
SALT ON!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very interesting....put down lots of salt to keep us safe, no matter the effect on the enviroment, BUT, We can no longer have the lane paint that you can see when it rains because it has a negative effect on nature. Sounds like gov't logic to me!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
[Q]maritimemayhem originally wrote:
Very interesting....put down lots of salt to keep us safe, no matter the effect on the enviroment, BUT, We can no longer have the lane paint that you can see when it rains because it has a negative effect on nature. Sounds like gov't logic to me!
[/Q]
Don't understand about the lane painting. What's that all about?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Used to be that a private party could only sue the govt if that govt allowed/invited the suit. Somewhere along the line this changed. I personally, don't know when that happened and I havn't made up my mind weather it's good or not. BUT, if the govt doesnt sand and salt the icy roads then someone who idiotically goes out on them and hurts/kills himself and takes others with them on that joy ride to hell will certainly have heirs just waiting to hire LAWYERS (ugh) to make the most of the incident. [sad]

And Sandtiger, you know what I think about lawyers from the KFS board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts