Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:boat:I've seen more boats go out this morning than on the entire Forth of July weekend, we are either in for some great reports or a bunch of guys griping about other boaters. I hope its more of the first and less of the second. Most are headed toward cape henry, there are a good number of boats and head boats over the first tube. The seas are 1 to 2 feet and the air temp is rising and at 50 degrees currently on the water. Remember the tides have run very low and you will not be able to pull your boat at low tide from crab creek. If ya gotta get out drop someone on the sand at CC and drive the trailer over to Bubbas to pull it. Wind direction is changing and at 10 mph the tide is just starting to go out at the first island. Tight lines!!!
Mel
Catchone
make that Catchone for me!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rock Report 12/26 CBBT 1st Island! Good times!

Bouncing white bucktails with white worm or shad trailers was the ticket today over the tube between the first and second island, drop'em to the bottom and lift the rod tip up and down and set the hook firmly. Fish ranged from the smallest at 19" to the largest landed at 38". Fish were hot and heavy on the outgoing tide from 9:30 am to 11:00 am, all the catch and release you could handle. The largest fish came from the ocean side of the tube closest to the 2nd island. If your just looking for a dry, inexpensive trip with lots of action and a delicious meal then this is a good trip. There were as many as 15 boats there and everyone worked well together and enjoyed good success. I'm sure chartruce would work just as well but the rods had white to start and there was never any need to change.
Remember not to come in near low tide to crab creek due to the very low tide conditions, if you do just swing over to Dockside or Chixs for some lunch and pull when the conditions alllow. Hope this helps those that don't want to fight the crowd at the ocean front or the high rise.
Mel
Catchone
Seas are one to two feet and conditions are overcast.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I fished Cape Henry and the Green Can area today and it seemed to me that for the most part the fleet was getting along pretty well. I put a 33" fish in the boat ~ 9:30 am after having two other fish come off half-way to the boat. All three of those bites were on the chartruese umbrella rig. Plenty of marks but no more action until I picked up a 27.5" on a Stretch Imitator in the early afternoon. It looked like the action might heat up a bit but I called it a day around 2:30.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts