Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't everyone love pre season tune ups. Can someone provide Ed Miller's number? I think thats his name everyone reccomends for yamaha work. As you can see i have some sort of leak that leaves a rusty residue. The leak has a fuel smell to it and I can't figure it out. Might just have to leave this one to the profesionals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Man oh man any time I see a lower unit detached I cringe. Taking them off is the easy step. Getting them back on uhhhhh my worst nightmare. Hope it goes better for you then it did for me.... twice.

-Evans

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Question...does the engine run? If so simply check all the fuel line fittings when running. I had 1 of my zuke 140's 4 strokes act funny on me a while back, would b running fine then all of a sudden stumble and run like ****. Well I just happened 2 take off cowling 1 day and found a fuel leak back at the fuel cooler near the fuel rail. Fuel was literally running down the side of the engine and had been for who knows long. New hose clamp and she hasn't missed a beat since. Just saying it could be something as simple as what I experienced.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried to trace all the fuel lines and look/feel for leaks. Couldn't find anything. There is some oil on the bottom of the cowling but it has been like this since I bought it 6 years ago when it when just about brand new. The motor runs fine...knock on wood...I am worried that the lower gasket on the bottom of the power head is bad since the little bit you can see has a "wet" look, that is if it is the gasket I'm looking at. I'm pretty good with a wrench but im still learning the ins and outs of the outboard.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Looks like blinker fluid. It may be a bent kinevity pin causing play in the voorhees flange. About a 30 minute fix if you can find the parts.:hysterical:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts