Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got third hand info last night that he did get shot at night. And the Ahole got caught.
I guess we'll just have to keep waiting to see it in the paper to know for sure.[shy]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Here's the what I know, there was a buck that got shot in Surry that is in the possession of the VDGIF. This buck that got shot is a typical deer with an outside spread of 35 inches and the guy was caught by the state police, this deer was shot in an area called Carseley (SP?), which is probably 10 miles or so from the town of Surry. However, this is not the same deer that has been mentioned on the Virginia Angler Board. I do know that the "Surry Buck" is being monitored very close by the game officials and they are spreading rumors around to keep the pressure off of him. You can call it what you want.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Call it what you wish. I'm watching two very impressive bucks on a small peice not far from where the other deer still lives. The big non-typical we have seen several times is a little smaller that the one in the pictures and he also has a typical 10 point buddy thats around 24 inches wide. I hope we get a chance at them before gun season.

DEAN

·
Registered
887 Posts
Maybe that will divert some of the poachers from Charles City to that side of the water. Now maybe I can spend less time watching my fields and more time sleeping. We will see.

Attention poachers... BIG BUCKS IN SURRY.... especially residents of James City. [grin]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Jeff

Off Route 10 very near Brandon Plantation. Thats as close as I can put you.

Dean who is off to little brothers house to help install our new 598 in Mud Racer......Shock and Awe is back[excited][excited][excited][excited][excited]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I haven't taken any pictures of the deer we are hunting and won't until I can wrap my hands around the horns.

DEAN

·
Banned
101 Posts
just send me the GPS numbers and I'll be glad to take some pictures for ya[wink],

Hey, anything for the team.

I take great photos, I just simply mount the camera on my TC Encore, it helps me steady my hand for great pics.

Might even get some real close ups for ya.[grin][grin][grin][grin]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts