Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Commercial Subscriber - I support Tidal
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoy setting up and explaining the important features associated with GPS/Sonar/Plotter units like the one on your boat. This will definitely help you stop from fishing fishless waters and help you catch more fish. Knowing the features of your unit will allow you to maximize your time on the water.

The newer units are user friendly and easier to work with once you know the basics. To keep up with the times, most manufacturers offer touch screen versions of their most popular models. Keep in mind when 'putting it all together' (transducer, sonar capabilities, map, CHIRP technology, etc.) for a new unit can be confusing. If you don't have a full understanding on what is offered and what you'll receive, send the manufacturer's Tech Dept. your questions. Having your answers in writing can save you money.

After last Monday's trip Steven Schuman had a good understanding of his Garmin 5212 touch screen unit. On Tuesday he emailed me to let me know he caught around 30 fish with some in the 17 to 19 inch class on topwater, soft plastic jigs, and a few on metal.

Thursday Michael Allen and his son-in-law, Bill, enjoyed a catching day after his new Raymarine a78 was set-up on the Upper Chesapeake Bay.

The most productive lures for this week were; Stingsilver, 2 oz., jigging spoon in silver along with a 3" chartreuse and white Clouser fly tied 18" above the spoon.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I'll always be thankful to you for helping me install and set up my new HDS 7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.