Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pickedup the Alumacraft V14 last friday 2-11-11. Took Thursday, Friday and Saturday to get it right. I took out the middle seat and added rod locker/storage on each side. Here are some pics. Sorry, I uploaded the pics in order, but the computer keeps re arranging them. So Im gonna try mutiple posts.

Yes I used untreated plywood, I could not get a straight answer as to whether or not the new treated lumber is corrosive to aluminum. The 2004 batch is, I have the trim metal to prove it doh

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my hole shot isnt as quick as the flat bottom boat, but she still ran up to 22.1 mph (wife took pic too early) with full gear and a 120 lb passenger. My trolling motor battery is also up front, so it equal to 180 lb person up front, and at this capacity, she should still run 24 mph with just me in it. What can I say, its the hottest 9.9 on the market dancedance. Alls left to do is install rod holders and a small battery holder in the back. Tap, I used the small battery you gave me strictly for the DF in the rear. I was getting intermittent feed back or noise from both DF's on the same battery. I'm ready for the big water, and she'll fit in the smallest places, JimB and Perc know that one. I did not catch a fish yesterday (only fished and hour or so) Bennett someone in a Grumman jon boat is camping out in your spot. :nono:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice

Nice work! Your a pretty good craftsman by the looks of it. Lots of good deck and storage. I'm impressed, you should be proud.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks really nice. I wish I was good with wood work. You'll now have the nicest boat on the Suffolk lakes and it sure will be easy to spot ya from a mile away with that white paint scheme. (which I like, reminds me of my Coast Guard days)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks really nice. I wish I was good with wood work. You'll now have the nicest boat on the Suffolk lakes and it sure will be easy to spot ya from a mile away with that white paint scheme. (which I like, reminds me of my Coast Guard days)
I like staying "undertheradar", but the camo on the old boat had me nervous, especially on NWR. I like the fact that when my girls are with me, you'll be able to see me with this white boat.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did not. I fgured as much carpet glue was on there it would seal LOL. Naw, measuring the plywood was the time consuming part with all the different curves and such. I figured if it lasts 4 years I'll replace the carpet and lumber. It'll be easier, I'll have a template.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i am totally impressed with the out come of your boat and with your speed. when i did my boat four years ago it took me two months to redo mine. the fish have not moved to the back yet. we just need some warm weather. i will see ya on the water.:boat: also are you sure that 9.9 is not a 15 in disguise.:detective: tite lines JIM.B

1 - 20 of 26 Posts