Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were lucky enough to sell Joe's 50' Hatteras in September. We have been looking for several months and finally found the one and at a great deal. She is awesome and FAST! After doing a ton of research on motors and hulls we decided on a 2005 60' Buddy Davis design by Donold Blount. This boat has never been used and is loaded. Oh yeah did I say fast!

We had a preliminary sea trial and with a dirty bottom and we cruised at 35 knots at 75% load and to the pins made 41 knots. She is spec'd at 37 cruise and 43 top end. We were worried about the ride and the sea trial settled our nerves. We ran into 3' every 7 seconds with 4 footers thrown in at 35 knots and never took spray in two hours of testing over the rail. No sea mist in the cockpit while running. She was very impressive and she only has 371 hours on twin C32 CAT 1650hp.

She even has a tackle room!

To top it off it has never been used. I mean she is brand new! it was built as a spec boat for a Doctor's children who stopped fishing. The doctor actually has a G5 that he flies to Venezuala to fish his 65 footer. Man what a gem. Cannot wait to do surveys next week to get the final thumbs up.

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
That's so sweeeet !!! Just in time for the Bluefin. Saaay.....Looks like the bow could be a great popping platform !!!

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Holy Moly that's a REAL COCKPIT!!!

SWEEEETTTT RIDE!!!!

Hmmm if you need a ho...... ... .. . JK

I hope you guys Bloody Up that PRETTY DECK!!!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Frank when I bring her up I will be pulling her at your yard to have new transducers put in. I will be inspectiing the hull during the haul out to see if she needs some work.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
congradulations kevin. been on jake's davis & they are a sweet ride. @ 60 ft you can keep the bow in virginia & put the stern in N.C. lol

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
What a beautiful boat Kevin. Looks like a fishing machine. Would love to see some pics of the interior!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Tony, Jake's boat is a Ray Davis, but sounds like a good boat. This is a Donald Blount designed Buddy Davis. If you do not know who Donald Blount he is one of the top Naval Architects and does design work for top boat builders like Weaver and American boats to name few besides Buddy Davis. Totally different boat.

Here are some pictures. There is a bunk room as well. Wait till you see the size of the engine room. It makes the C32 1650 Cats look small because of the room size.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sweet ride Kevin, unreal. What's the fuel burn at 30 knots?

Charley

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We were running 1950 RPM at 34.5 knots at 95 gallons an hour. Only had an hour or so of running to check out bulkhead compartments and engine room and such so did not get a 30knot burn rate.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well we did engine and Boat surveys yesterday and everything was awesome! Man this boat is incredible and the owner/builder took all the normal hoses, pumps and such and put in the top of the line equipment. He put everyhting with in site and reach. I will post some engine room pictures soon.

Looks like she will be ours in mid February. I cannot wait to be the captian of this vessel.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Wow, that is gonna be one plush ride. Congrats to the whole team! Hope you guys smash it this season & years following.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts