Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished the Eastport Yacht Club "The Norm" Annual Rockfish Tournament on Saturday. Captain Norman Baldwin was my first employee when we opened our first Annapolis shop in 2004. Norm created this new tournament last year and unfortunately, he passed away three weeks ago, and missed his own tournament (although he was entered). We managed to catch three nice fish gaining us First and Third place in the tourney.

This fish took a single 12 ounce Bloody Pt Parachute trolled at 50' behind the furthest outside planer board line position. This same bait caught a second fish.

We are planning on growing this fun tournament and fish fry for next year, opening it to other fishing clubs. Stay tuned. Eastport YC is a great venue for a fishing tournament with easy access to the Chesapeake Bay.

Keith Fraser
alltackle

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Congratulations! Those are some nice fish. Sad about your friend. Hope "The Norm" TX catches on

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Nice job Keith. Those BP baits are keepers for sure. Sorry about your buddy; continuing and expanding the tournament in his name is a great tribute to him....Don

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job Keith. Those BP baits are keepers for sure. Sorry about your buddy; continuing and expanding the tournament in his name is a great tribute to him....Don
Don - I tried to answer your PM but my mailbox is full. We caught the fish on the incoming tide. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts