Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just having fun. In no particular order. Feel free to add your own pet peeves or ideas. Keep it civil...these are just ideas, not rules.

1. No tossing bags of chips into the water to create bird frenzies.

2. No driving through diving birds.

3. No false radio reports to get people to leave your spot.

4. Ban all idiots from talking on 68.

5. Be courteous while trolling and anchoring giving each other as much as possible.

6. When trolling both boats should turn away from each other as there is no right of way while trolling.

7. Read up on the current regs BEFORE leaving the dock.

8. Share working birds with everyone on the scene….the school of fish does not belong to just you.

9. Don’t keep more than you plan to eat.

10. Be a student of the weather, don’t just rely on one site.

11. Try your best to not become stranded on the water by keeping your boat well maintained and only going out in conditions appropriate for your boat.

12. Assist others who do become stranded.

13. Be a good Capt by staying safe not putting your crew at risk.

14. Be good hos by contributing in a positive manner and keep a good attitude if the fish or weather do not cooperate.

15. Don't disguise a radio check with a request for a fishing report.

Mike

·
Registered
860 Posts
1. Keep the foul language off the radio... there are kids listening.

2. Release as many fish as possible.

3. Make new friends.

4. Respect the guides out there. Don't fish on top of them.

5. TAKE LOTS OF PICS AND POST THEM ON TIDALFISH.

·
Registered
430 Posts
#16 When you can clearly see all the boats are trolling say N-S, then join them and go that same direction. Don't bet the 1 guy that has to go E-W!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
16. dont run 50' off the bridge at cruise in areas where you see boats anchored under the bridge.

17. if you see boats anchored, dont troll 30 feet off there bow. I had a guy almost get a treble hook in his hand the other night while pulling up anchor line. My guess it belonged to a strech 25 at an earlier point in the evening.

18. if you have to answer the call of nature...please use some discretion. (this applies all the time)

19. If you get there late, dont roll up like you own the joint and anchor right on top of someone.

Danny

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
20. When you see boats drifting along, DON'T RUN ON PLANE past them to get to your spot.

21. If you see a boat casting to birds DON'T RUN IN to get there fast, take it slow and troll the edges instead of straight through.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Thats funny

Just having fun. In no particular order. Feel free to add your own pet peeves or ideas. Keep it civil...these are just ideas, not rules.

1. No tossing bags of chips into the water to create bird frenzies.

2. No driving through diving birds.

3. No false radio reports to get people to leave your spot.

4. Ban all idiots from talking on 68.

5. Be courteous while trolling and anchoring giving each other as much as possible.

6. When trolling both boats should turn away from each other as there is no right of way while trolling.

7. Read up on the current regs BEFORE leaving the dock.

8. Share working birds with everyone on the scene….the school of fish does not belong to just you.

9. Don't keep more than you plan to eat.

10. Be a student of the weather, don't just rely on one site.

11. Try your best to not become stranded on the water by keeping your boat well maintained and only going out in conditions appropriate for your boat.

12. Assist others who do become stranded.

13. Be a good Capt by staying safe not putting your crew at risk.

14. Be good hos by contributing in a positive manner and keep a good attitude if the fish or weather do not cooperate.

15. Don't disguise a radio check with a request for a fishing report.

Mike
Now thats funny right there, I don'r care who you are, Thats funny!:roflguy:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Everytime I'm down at the boat, I don't turn the cd player on, I turn the radio to 68 and laugh my arse off !

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Wave to everyone in the fiberglass junkyard as I pass by going to catch Seabass and Togs on the wrecks.
Wave to everyone on my way back with a box full of Seabass and Togs.
Wave goodbye to the coasties after they only find Seabass and Togs in the box after they get a report that we were fishing with CATO over the line.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Mike
Not sure about this one. Having lines out does not change your status and the Rules of the Road still apply for power vessels.

If two vessels meet, then they should attempt to comply with the Rules. i.e. a Port-to-Port passage unless there is an agreed deviation. Even when trolling along the CBBT.

Same with the Rules applying to crossing situations, and overtaking situations.

Of course, the Steering and Sailing Rules stipulate that they apply when TWO vessels have a risk of collision, not when there is a gaggle of boats. So only common sense can protect you when the hordes are out there, and we all know how much common sense there is during striper season.

Best wishes to all out there.. :yes:

Brian

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
24. Don't be a prick

if you catch the guy that services the bread at 7-11he will give you the old stuff, cheaper than popcorn and chips, sometimes funnier than 68 when they aren't bitting

·
Registered
526 Posts
common sense and common decency(sp?) apply have fun and dont be a touron, love the water and your fellow man, its christmas time, so go catch one for the ones that cant.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
What Brian said. . .

When trolling along the bridge pass port to port. (i.e. the guy with the bridge on his right hand side has the right of way). If you find that hard to remember just remember that it is the same as when you are in your car.

If you are going to be casting into the flock of working birds, figure out which way they are moving, circle around, get in front of them, stop and wait for them to come to you.

If it is really crowded at the bridge and you get a nice fish on turn out away from the bridge to fight it. This is especially true if you are fishing by yourself.

Don't anchor up where the folks are wire lining the tubes at the CBBT (kind of part of #16). When wirelining the tubes at the CBBT remember you go from the Island to the channel pull your lines up; circle around out of everybody's way; and get back in line.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts