Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday night at the HRBT Toma nd I caught the hell out of blues. Darryl and Greg showed up later and joined in. Night time we caught the usual blues, shad and rock. I also got a small croaker and flounder. The following pictures are from that trip.

Last night we went to a "secret spot" looking for flounder. We found some. I'm sure from the pictures you can figure out where we were.

I had off from work today and went back to location X to catch flat ones, but couldn't hook up any. I did manage about 2 dozen rockfish, biggest being 26 inches, and one blue that was also 26 inches.

I think that is it for this week. Tom and I will probably be boating it Monday.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that the LED lights from Innovative Lighting Inc are the best lights you can buy for a kayak. The LED lights last 200 hrs, are bright and can be seen no matter which way the kayak is leaning. They cost around $20. Every $10 light I have seen in use has failed at some point and those little orange LED lights that are sold for yaks can not be seen unless they are totally level.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Calvin was the flounder master last night. I ALWAYS bring minnows with me but for some reason didn't bring them along this time, just squid. The flounder wouldn't touch it. Calvin was catching them on jigs so I switched to that in time to catch 1 16.51" (keeper) flounder and had a 20 some inch one get off right by the boat. I was pissed. The place we caught those flounder is a good spot and I plan to get back out there with some minnows and some spot and croaker when available.

We smoked the blues shown in the picture. I am going to make some spread with it (mix in capers, green onions, sour cream, dijon mustard). I did it to taste before but I'm going to write down the amounts this time. Or, you can put the smoked fish out with some sliced apple, brie, and a bottle of Chardonnay. Yum!

See you all on the water. We will be at HRBT in the Wellcraft Monday, weather permitting

Tom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts