Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday I wanted to check out a tip given to me the night before. So I did... I just couldn't help myself. I swore I wouldn't tell anyone. I went to that secret striper spot by myself, anchored and fished the ripping incoming tide. I fished and fished, caught some mediocre fish and waited for the tide to turn. I didn't want to give up. I had fished that general area religiously the last 3 weeks and I knew the outgoing tide would produce, but I didn't know what or how much. The wind kicked up, it just didn't cooperate and I had to start & reverse the motor several times, wondering if I would pull up the anchor. Got some good casts in anyway. For the outgoing tide I ended up releasing 6 fish (25-28"), one hungry pissed off seagull and kept two 28"ers for the fryin pan. I know they are not giants but... I enjoyed the extra hour of fishing eventhough I missed recording Weekend Fisherman & Dr. Jim because of the time change. I really shouldn't complain.

Good Fishin

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Looks great Mike! Glen and a friend of his (jim) and I got out in my boat last night. Trolled the CBBT between the 2nd and 3rd. Caught 4 from 21 to 25 inches before they shut off. From the other reposts I have read we did pretty good.

John

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

It was a nice night, but the wind kicked up Sun. afternoon. You had some good results. I heard good & bad fishing reports from everyone this weekend. I saw some nice fish brought in so I had to check it out myself. I plan on going to the CBBT soon. I haven't been there since we last fished there.

Good Fishin

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Good job man - its only an extra hour if you look at it from this end......on the other end you loose an hour-

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Mike glad you got some pullage nice looking fish congrats... The reports are slowly starting to come in i didn't do to bad myself at the M&M...Brandon

·
Registered
113 Posts
Right on Mike...you sure stay on them. I am looking for a night like we had with John earlier in the year.

That was sick.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Way to Go!

Mike,

Glad you liked my secret fishing hole! You definitely owe me one! JK JK JK JK :D:D:D!!!!

Very Nice!!

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
CCA VA, CVSF, SF, TF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts