Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After last weekends good luck the wife wanted me to take her out. So we took today off to do a little fishing on the Rapp. We hit the water about 8am and it didn't take long to put a 24in fish in the box and from then on it was a steady bite until 5pm. Our fish ranged from 20in to 41in our three largest were 41,39,38in's. All in all a very nice day on the river brought the wifey home with a big ol' smile on her face. Got to love it when a plan comes together. O buy the way small umbrella rigs and red and white stretch 25 WWWB in 35 to 40 feet of water.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks for the report Chuck, I fished the river Tuesday from buoy 11 up to Urbanna. Not hits all day, later in the afternoon marked tons of bait and fish but no takers.

Question for you, are you running 6 or 9 inch baits for the trailer bait?

I will be out there Friday, do you plan to go again?

Gilbert

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was out there myself on my brother-in-law's Grady. We took care of business off Greenvale, above 8, yesterday morning. Find the drop off to 60 feet and you'll find the fish. Red and white stretches worked well for us too and a single 6 inch red head shad on the bottom. I'd have tied on a 9 inch if I had one. 2-26, 2-22 and one had a $125 tag on it. My brother-in-law is ready to quit his day job! Rock-it Man

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gilbert, I was using the 4 arm umbrella rigs with 4in dixie chicken and 9in green trailers. And without a doubt i will be out Friday I fish out of a 20' Pro Line if i have anything going on i will try to get you on the radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts