Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
8,734 Posts
[Q]Scott_nra originally wrote:
And yes there will be plenty who will not want it and prefer to stay a run down old community
[/Q]Yes, it's got to go. We should move immediately to change it to be just like metro Richmond, GlenAllen, Mechanicsville, and so on. High traffic, urban sprawl, high crime, etc. etc. etc.

· Registered
8,734 Posts
Is that what we want? Who's benefit is it for? I don't know.
[/Q]As it happens, the Supreme Court has recently cleared this up. Outsiders like yourself can now take over a community and do whatever they want, regardless of what the locals and landowners want.[sad]

· Registered
8,734 Posts
Good, honest post, Jim. You're right in that one can't stem the tide of "change". But, if you bite, kick and scratch, you sure can put if off for awhile.[smile]
And while you're at it cleaning up the bay, why don't you talk some of those Marylanders into not sending so much sewage and runoff down this way.[smile]
Also, speaking of the declining quality of water, menhaden, rockfish, etc...most people I know are catching as many rockfish as ever, and just as large as ever. Maybe you're doing something wrong??[grin]

· Registered
8,734 Posts
[Q]capt. dave originally wrote:
Just for the fun of it, does your disagreeing with me on most everything mean that you're a looser too?[wink] Just something to think about.
[/Q]As it happens, I agree with you on MANY things. It's your delivery that sometimes bugs me.[smile]
Sort of like Rush...I actually enjoy what he has to say on occasion but his juvenile habit of "name-calling" gets on my nerves.

· Registered
8,734 Posts
Yeah Dave. Take it easy. You know all you have to do is show you care. You don't have to have any facts right, or any facts for that matter, or even a solution to anything...you just have to care...or make someone feel good so they can sense something.
[/Q]Well, good morning to the peanut gallery. Speaking of solutions, I haven't heard any from YOU either.[smile]
By the way, that Trophy of yours doesn't happen to have a 2-stroke motor, does it? If you really want facts, I can dig up a few supporting the position that 2-strokes have done infinitely more harm to the bay than Omega Protein ever has, or ever will.[smile]

· Registered
8,734 Posts
[Q]capt. dave originally wrote:
I could probably find evidence that farm run off has done more to hurt the Bay than 2 cycle engines, but what do either of those issues have to do with depleting the menhaden resource?
[/Q]If CCA and others are most concerned with cleaning up the bay, it has EVERYthing to do with it. Does the CCA discourage 2-cycle use among it's members? (and I agree that farm runoff is a major problem that dwarfs the "filter-feeder" issue).

· Registered
8,734 Posts
[Q]captaingeorge originally wrote:

[/Q]Well, good morning to the peanut gallery. Speaking of solutions, I haven't heard any from YOU either.[smile]
By the way, that Trophy of yours doesn't happen to have a 2-stroke motor, does it? If you really want facts, I can dig up a few supporting the position that 2-strokes have done infinitely more harm to the bay than Omega Protein ever has, or ever will.[smile]
[/Q]

Nope, We have the V6. [/Q]
Excellent! So you ARE part of the solution![smile]
And the Poverty issue was someone else's, not mine.I've traveled enough to see REAL poverty, and it's not in Reedville.[grin]

· Registered
8,734 Posts
Good point. I hope the kid comes back. If he's a graduate student from Virginia Institute of Marine Science, he comes from an impressive school, not a "VMRC looser" as he was incorrectly and irresponsibly labeled, and probably has a better grasp of real facts and evidence than most of us.[smile]

· Registered
8,734 Posts
[Q]Sea King originally wrote:
If you want to be an activist for the bay and all of the individual species residing in it, your energy would be better spent on reducing pollution.
[/Q]Unless, of course, one is really less concerned about the bay and mostly concerned with catching rockfish.[smile]

· Registered
8,734 Posts
[Q]Stolen_Deals originally wrote:
Possibly Captain George is insinuating that I have a greater concern for catching Rock Fish than the state of the bay
[/Q]Talk about taking things personally.[smile]
In fact, I WAS insinuating that but it wasn't directed at you, but at an activist conservation organization which will go unnamed.[smile]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.