Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk 49 minutes ago

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - Texas has begun sending undercover agents into bars to arrest drinkers for being drunk, a spokeswoman for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission said on Wednesday.
The first sting operation was conducted recently in a Dallas suburb where agents infiltrated 36 bars and arrested 30 people for public intoxication, said the commission's Carolyn Beck.
Being in a bar does not exempt one from the state laws against public drunkenness, Beck said.
The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go do something dangerous like drive a car.
"We feel that the only way we're going to get at the drunk driving problem and the problem of people hurting each other while drunk is by crackdowns like this," she said.
"There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they're intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car," Beck said. "People walk out into traffic and get run over, people jump off of balconies trying to reach a swimming pool and miss."
She said the sting operations would continue throughout the state.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,995 Posts
What's next? Arresting drunks in their homes? Afterall they may run out of booze or smokes and venture out.

I don't know about Texass but around here we gots laws that make it a nono for beertenders to serve people that are schietfaced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,995 Posts
Anyone who has ever witnessed a drunk sleeping upright on a barstool maintaning his balance has indeed seen a miracle..... in my book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
I used to code for a hospitalist group and I was shocked at how many billing slips there were with alcohol related injuries and illnesses.

I was fueling a boat many years ago at my father-in-laws marina when the drunk-ass boat owner tried to pull me on to the boat with him. He got soaked with fuel.

I can see someone enjoying a drink or two but getting drunk is just ingnorant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
775 Posts
Looks to me like we'll have prohibition #2 w/in my lifetime at this rate. It's a shame b/c 99% of people are responsible and within the law on drunk driving. The other 1% cause the horrific accidents etc we all see and here about and the laws are in place to handle them, the problem is repeat/cronic offenders are not getting tough enough sentencing.

On the other hand people may soon get out of serious legal problems by claiming they suffer from the disease of alcoholism. See the current buzz about the bipolar teacher and the 14 year old student. It's all amazing. What is the world coming to?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,161 Posts
It's been tough knowing I was a Lesbian. Now I'm bi-polar and I can't even goget drunk and try to forget about it without fear of arrest. I'm just not fit to live.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
"It has been scientifically proven that if we drink one litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than one
kilo of Escherichia Coli Bacteria found in water that contains feces. In
other words, we are consuming one kilo of shyt. However, we do not run
that risk when drinking rum, gin, whiskey, beer, wine or other liquors
because alcohol has to go through a distillation process of boiling,
filtering and fermentation.

It is my duty to communicate to all of you people who are drinking water,
to stop doing so. It has been scientifically proven that it is unhealthy
and bad for you.

THEREFORE - It is better to drink alcohol and talk shyt than to drink
water and be full of it !!!"

[wink]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
692 Posts
[Q]Nancy S Lewis originally wrote:
"It has been scientifically proven that if we drink one litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than one
kilo of Escherichia Coli Bacteria found in water that contains feces. In
other words, we are consuming one kilo of shyt. However, we do not run
that risk when drinking rum, gin, whiskey, beer, wine or other liquors
because alcohol has to go through a distillation process of boiling,
filtering and fermentation.

It is my duty to communicate to all of you people who are drinking water,
to stop doing so. It has been scientifically proven that it is unhealthy
and bad for you.

THEREFORE - It is better to drink alcohol and talk shyt than to drink
water and be full of it !!!"

[wink]
[/Q]

I'll drink to that! [tongue]
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top