Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home this morning and made my usual stop at pull off at the 1st Island of the CBBT. I've got some new camera equipment and I've been taking lots of picks since Santa had my new camera delivered.

My attention was drawn to a Coast Guard vessel a bit north of the CBBT and when after a couple of shots I was frozen by the north winds at 30 with temps of 29. I was ready to pack it in when I spotted another couple of vessels getting ready to enter the bay.

Here is the slideshow of the 4 vessels I took pics of....... It was a bit challenging with the cold winds and no sun and no tripod with a 400mm lens (Canon EF 100-400 IS USM).

The pics following the sub were other pics at the CBBT over the last month.

CBBT

OBTW... I didn't see any other boats out this morning!

Richard

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Fantastic photos. Thanks for posting them.

I wonder why they scheduled this "training exercise" for a day when it was too rough for a "fishing fleet" to be there - and in the way... ;-)

Brian

·
Registered
262 Posts
Amazing pictures. That's really neat to see the sailors on the tower of the Sub.

VERY clear, crisp pictures. Extremely well done.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
They came so close to us yesterday, we had to pull lines and skidattle.....they were NOT in the chanel, they ran between the CH bouy and the GREEN 1 CAN...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Gives me a chill looking at all those white caps. I was thinking I might try to fish today......glad my smarter half said no and I stayed home. Great shots, make you proud to be an American!! Martin

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing them and I am glad I was not fishing out there today. Looked a little bumpy. I want to know who makes the yellow rain suits those guys were wearing on the conning tower of the sub. I hope they work well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts