Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in and mainly fished the upper section of the Swamp yesterday.
Short report: A bust!
Longer report: Launched at 9, fished till 5. First and probably the last time using the upper ramp. Seems to be about an equal distance from either ramp to get to the mouth of the creek. Water temp 51/52. What was supposed to be light winds turned into a steady 10 to 15 east - northeast cold wind. Tightlinged jigs/minnows out the front and corks out the back while also casting jigs and crankbaits when possible. Only managed 1 small crappie for the day, Also caught 5 bass, 6 ringers and a dozen or so pickerel. Even moved down all the way to the lower end of the lake with similar results. Did see 2 guys anchored up catching crappie on almost every cast. doh Said they caught about 100 casting jigs from that one spot. Tried everything I know from 2 to 10 FOW but it was just not to be. I guess thats why its called fishing.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Did see 2 guys anchored up catching crappie on almost every cast. doh Said they caught about 100 casting jigs from that one spot. Tried everything I know from 2 to 10 FOW but it was just not to be. I guess thats why its called fishing.
Thats how it is right now around here, you either find them concentrated like that or nothing at all. I believe they're still on the winter pattern. All hell will break loose when we get 3 consecutive warm days.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Can't say you didn't try. I was working in Hampton yesterday, that was a cold damp wind, don't think I would have been out if I didn't have to be.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Yep, that upper ramp is a PITA! Did real well just before storm blew thru last Sat. the place is crazy with Pickeral! largest crappie was 1.7

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
14" I went there 3x before I caught my first crappie! I allways caught a few bass and pickeral, but crappie always eluded me :fishing2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts