Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't just think it SUCKS! IT BLOWS!!!:eek:

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Usually I wait until mid week to decide whether the weather is something that we can weather out. This time.....it don't look bad....it looks miserable!

Billy, I've got the dentist on Friday, my wife's 40th college reunion on Saturday and a colonoscopy to start the week.......it don't look good!

I don't mind going to her reunions because they are "her" people. I don't go to mine. It's like looking up to the sky at Arlington Cemetary and watching the Missing Man formations fly over.....only there's enough of them that it looks more like the Normandy Invasion minus every 4th one.:D It's a ***** watching old people Rock On with walkers and O2 tanks.

PIZZA is in my future......I just gotta get the day to do it. Maybe Motorhead can host it???

·
Registered
771 Posts
I bought my first set of "foul weather" gear this year... are you saying it would be a good weekend for some field testing????:clap:

The days when someone yells; "FISH ON!!!!", and nobody jumps up!:eek2:

James

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I bought my first set of "foul weather" gear this year... are you saying it would be a good weekend for some field testing????:clap:

The days when someone yells; "FISH ON!!!!", and nobody jumps up!:eek2:

James
Nice pics Ruger...I think that pretty much sums it up:D

Ed

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Ruger......try me.......go ahead.......yell fish on and see who gets to the rod first....come on I DARE YA!!!!:D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Full contact striper fishing.... sounds like fun! :clap:

Guess I should add "MAN OVERBOARD" to the list of things yelled.:D Last man on the boat gets the net and picks everyone back up....right?:confused:

Yeah.....You guys with your big boats and fancy stuff like... scuppers, and....'working' bilge pumps.:D:D:D

:scratchchin3:.........FISH ON!!!!

James

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Full contact striper fishing.... sounds like fun! :clap:

Guess I should add "MAN OVERBOARD" to the list of things yelled.:D Last man on the boat gets the net and picks everyone back up....right?:confused:

Yeah.....You guys with your big boats and fancy stuff like... scuppers, and....'working' bilge pumps.:D:D:D

:scratchchin3:.........FISH ON!!!!

James
Now that's funny right there...LOL:thumbup:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have had some of my best fishing in the carpiest weather! :clapping2: I have also caught some of my worst colds while doing it :wacko:.... Its still worth it!!! I have to work this weekend so at least for me there is a silver lining. Hopefully next weekend will be better!! (when I am off:D)

John

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
The current world record striper was caught on a jetty during a northeaster. I'm not advocating fishing in extreme conditions, but it can be done. I fished this morning and caught fish. Wind conditions were ok, but the tide sucked. We need rain. You can get get out of the wind and fish downwind from land. Just look at a map and all the places you can fish.

Good Fishin

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sunday 1-2 ft. Monday 2 ft. Just like the markets, roller coasters are IN!

By the way, James, based on your photo.....there was a trip in July of 2007 that you probably would have enjoyed with me. While I was numb with fear in the enclosure, looks like you would have been dropping a line off the stern with South Paw......or you could have just netted them as they came over the stern!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
"Imperfect Storm"

I remember the story of the "Imperfect Storm".:eek2: A passing downpour is one thing… the level of 'adventure' you faced that day is something I want no part of!:nono: I don't play with anything that flashes or booms… on the water anyway.:D

James

1 - 17 of 17 Posts