Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the late 60's my Father-in-law gave me a pistol. It is a Colt, 4 1/2" barrel, automatic, Woodsman, Match Target, 22 cal LR. The serial number is 83860S. It is in what appears to me as a military 45 pistol holster. The only marks on the pistol are on both sides of the very front of the receiver and the front of the trigger guard the holster, over the years has worn a small amount of the bluing off these areas. Just looked the pistol up on the internet and saw where a gun collector had a price listing for this pistol; "Like new and in it's box: $1,700.00; Excellent Cond.: $1,300.00; Very Good Cond: $900 to $1,200. Now I'm no expert at gun collecting, but this I do know; if the bluing was not worn off those three small areas it would be in Excellent Condition. Thinking of selling it and if I do decide to sell am wondering if I could get a gunsmith to touch up those worn areas or should I just leave them?

Acey

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Jerry. I think what you say about restoration of the spots is correct. Big deal is the wife layed down the law; " You ain't selling that pistol my Father gave you." Guess I'll have to find something else to sell to get a GPS for my boat.

Acey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts