Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I have more and more grumbling lately from some of my environut neighbors about the lack of water. I think as the warming argument becomes less credible, they are going to move on to that. I figure the neighbor must be getting their talking points from somewhere.

·
Registered
526 Posts
running out of water huh... well turn east and walk unto they hit water then tell them to count the pilings of the cbbt, with a backpack filled with rocks and wearing a blindfold.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Global warming my AZZ. It just another tree hugging bunch of ****. Just like when they said we were running out of landfill space so you better recycle. Another bunch of **** a business that cost the taxpayers 8 billion dollars to feel good.If you do not believe me go to your nearest recycle center and watch the trucks leave the recycle center and go straight to landfill.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Have you considered that they may just be ignoring your repetitive drivel? I'll agree that some of them are wacked out but submit that you are just as wacked, to the opposite extreme.:wacko::wacko:
Intelligent people understand that the warming and water shortage is bunk. I guess it is easier to poke fun at them rather than educate yourself?

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Intelligent people understand that the warming and water shortage is bunk.
There are many "intelligent" people that do not believe it is bunk. Do you not know this?
I already know your answer since you've said it before: They have an agenda.
This, opposed to your side, who don't, I suppose. You're a transparent joke, cz.:D

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
There are many "intelligent" people that do not believe it is bunk. Do you not know this?
I already know your answer since you've said it before: They have an agenda.
This, opposed to your side, who don't, I suppose. You're a transparent joke, cz.:D
In politics, everything is subjective...taxes, entitlements, etc. In science, it is objective. 1+1 will always equal 2. Junk science will always be junk science. Do you think it is a coincidence that warming is not subjected to the normal peer reviews and public debate that other "facts" are? There is something in science called the scientific method...experiments and conclusions need to be repeatable for verification. That process is not performed much less vetted in the community.

Don't take my word for it. I have responded and pigeon-holed the warming argument over and over. Read real scientific refutations of warming and tell us why they are wrong.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
I have read both sides of the argument, at length, and have come to a conclusion:
I don't care!
That said, I think that many of the objectives of the "global warming" crowd are both valid and honorable.

1. Reduce oil dependence, particularly foreign oil.
2. Maximize development of solar, wind and yes, even nuclear energy.
3. Fast track development and use of electric automobiles and maximize use of natural gas for electrical production, in the near term.

I don't have to believe in "global warming" to conclude that these are all good things.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
george we finally agree on something....I agree with you on your 1,2, and 3 but as for global warming....you should google "1500 year cycle" and see what real scientists say

·
Registered
485 Posts
There is no doubt that man has not had an adverse effect on this Earth. We wouldn't have to be concerned with cleaning up the "C" Bay if he hasn't. However the damages that we have come to recognize has been done in enough time to where the damage can be reversed. If we can acknowledge that man has had an adverse effect on something like the Bay and other places similar, then what's to say he hasn't had an effect globally.

I'm not taking any side in the argument except to say that there are a lot of more educated folks out there them me on this topic and both make a good argument. All I would say is that this is not something we should roll the dice on because if you roll craps thers is no going back. Instead of arguing and seeing who will come out on top, I think both the posibilities of a stable Earth and Global Warming should be explore collectively and in cooperation with both.

I don't care if you think the Earth got here out of a cosmic boom or that God gave it to us. The fact is, for right now it's the only place we can call home, least ways for the time being. I doubt if we could all fit on the space station, even in a pinch. This **** is nothing to gamble with.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
I guess the fact that the glaciers are moving at a higher rate and breaking off into the oceans at a rate higher than ever measured before means nothing, results from nothing and will effect nothing.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Fox News...

Worried about climate change, many researchers are eager to learn how rising temperatures may be undermining Greenland's ice cap where, according to recent satellite measurements, glaciers are melting much faster than expected.

Should Greenland's 2.17 million square miles of ice ever melt completely, the water could raise sea level world-wide by 24 feet, swamping coastal cities that are home to millions of people.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Instead of arguing and seeing who will come out on top, I think both the posibilities of a stable Earth and Global Warming should be explore collectively and in cooperation with both.
A reasonable, responsible approach...but the far left and far right wackos will hear nothing of the sort.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts