1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
I'm impressed-makes cutting a Whaler into three pieces look like nothing. Skip

·
Registered
505 Posts
That was way to funny. Thanks for posting. I needed a laugh.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I've heard a lot of people complain about those boats but I never understood why. Yes that was comedy but years ago they had the sledge hammer test and something else. What are their pros and cons. I hear you never have to wax them, pressure wash is all that's needed, 10 year to sometimes life time hull warranty. Lighter than fiber glass... what more do you need?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
They look like nice boats - never had a ride in one, so can't comment on that. I'd like to see them make a Walkaround, maybe 25' - 26'

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
merogers is waiting for delivery on one of those boats and I have an open invitation to HO on it. guess i don't have to worry about hull reliability:D I wonder if it will catch fish-----------:cool:

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Triumph Boats

Go to thehulltruth.com and read all about them !! There is also a "Slam Board" of disgruntled owners.

17' boats seem to be OK, lots of hull warpage issues on the 19' and 21'. The other problem is their inability to retain fasteners due to the Ropolene material.

I was going to buy, but didn't.

Check out the max horsepower ratings for the Triumph and boats of similar sizes...

It seems like they would be the answer to brittle fiberglass boats but it looks like they have a few issues to work out.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
LAMO

But that new Coast Guard 47' surf boat that can handle 50 kt winds, 30' seas, and survive a rollover has my vote for the REAL toughest boat. I tried searching for the video that shows it during a rollover test, but could only find two pictures in a powerpoint slide package put out by the Coast Guard. Anyone have a pointer to the actual video?

Here is the link to the .ppt file: http://www.auxtdept.org/auxop/auxsar/SAR AppendixD.ppt

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have owned a 17' Logic (now Triumph) for 7 seasons now. It ain't the prettiest boat in the world and there are fit and finish issues...But, you can't hurt the thing, it rides soft for its size and I know from personal experience it will float when filled near the gunnels with water. (Water washed over the side during a pretty nasty Nor'easter in November while it was tied at the slip.) I'd buy another one, but then again, I am a cheapskate when it comes to boats. I am not out to impress anyone but the fish.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I have owned a 17, Logic for 5 years now. Many of you have fished with me in it. It is a very comfortable boat with very little maintenance required. There were issues with the older 21' Logics and Triumphs which they have worked out. I only had a 50 hp Honda on it and it was capable of pushing me along at 35 mph. I could fish all week at OC on one 20 gal. tank of gas.

Just last week, I traded it in for a Triumph Bay 190. The reason that I traded was because there was very little room left to move around after I loaded my 15 fishing rods and assorted tackle. They do not require polishing and are very easy to clean. I personally like their handling characteristics.

Also, if someone steals my trailer while I am out on the water with it, I can just hook up to the bow eye and tow it home.:D :D :D :D

Lets see you do that with your Parkers and Gradys.;)

Tight lines,

·
Premium Member
26,152 Posts
OUCH-the dreaded Grady /Parker double slam:eek: :D .I used my Grady as an ice breaker before/bounced it off alot of pilings but never tried the "no trailer" tow before.Came close more then a few times:rolleyes:. Skip

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
My friend was interested in them a couple of years ago but was told by the salesman not to put one on a roller trailer cause it would cause the boat to warp where it was resting on the rollers. It scared him away from buying one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts